Fox Head Launch Pro Knee/Shin Guard Armor and Pads

Launch Pro Knee/Shin Guard

Choose your trail?deal with loss of skin, bruises, or fractures, or wear the Fox Launch Pro Knee/Shin Guard. The choice is yours.Anatomically-shaped and asymmetrical shin guards provide pedal-friendly comfortArticulated and flexible coverage provides freedom of movementPerforated neoprene offers excellent breathabilityAntimicrobial fabric keeps the funk down

Kshawn   Weekend Warrior [Apr 28, 2013]
Strength:

Doesn't slide, protects well, good ventilation.

Can get a little itchy if not attached perfectly (Velcro can rub).

I like these pads a lot. I have the ones that are the third picture down, which I believe are the 2013's. I've been riding with them for a little while now, and I've found them to be the best pads so far. They grip the leg well, and stretch just enough to fit snug but not too tight. I ride rocky AZ trails, and they provide pretty good protection from rocks and sharp gravel. They are semi-soft shell so they won't completely stop or deflect a rock impact, but they will soften the blow. I've also worn the regular hard shell Fox Launch knee/shin pads (bought those first) and I didn't like them due to being itchy and hot. It wasn't worth it for the trails I ride. I don't go flying downhill when I fall. I like the shin guard mainly because I wear flats, which can rake you if you miss with your foot.
Just to give a sizing example, I wear the S/M and I'm on the upper side of 5'9 with a stocky build. They're just the right size for me, and slightly bordering being on the small side. Which I prefer to being baggy.