Fox Head Launch Elbow Guard Armor and Pads

Launch Elbow Guard

All-mountain MTB'ers who climb for their gnarly downhills choose the removable Launch Elbow guard from Fox Racing. Hard shell forearm, elbow and lower triceps plates ride atop a hinged biofoam chassis for maximum mobility. Cross strapping prevents fit gaps and shifting during wicked hits.

alex   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2014]
Strength:

Lightweight
Relatively cool
Forearm guard comes all the way down to wrist
Stays put
Comfortable
S/M fits small riders (5'4")

Elastic sleeve makes them a bit awkward to take off (but they slide on easily)
You may want something beefier for DH

When I first put these on they felt odd because they have a curved shape that makes it awkward to straighten out my arms. However, once on the bike I don't notice them. They are lightweight and the coolest arm guards I have worn. Behind the hard plastic shell is lightweight honeycombed foam that, along with the mesh elastic sleeve, allows good airflow. I've had them for two months and taken two falls - they stayed solidly put and protected my arms well. They slide on easily but, given that I wear them over a long sleeved shirt, they are a big awkward to take off. I like that the forearm guard comes all the way down to my wrist; it obviously protected my forearm near my wrist during one of the falls.

Similar Products Used: SixSixOne, G Form, other Fox products
mckshred   Weekend Warrior [Mar 14, 2011]
Strength:

color, looks

- weird shape inhibits movement of arms
- velcro strap lengths too long
- spandex sleeve tears

these blow - get the roach, race face ones

Similar Products Used: ice hockey elbow pads - easton
amirh1   Downhiller [Aug 20, 2009]
Strength:

Comfortable, slick looking, stays put (only when riding)

Slips in a crash, tears easily after crashes, get very hot.

Expensive.

These pads look good and stay put while riding. However, if you have a sliding crash these will slide right off and expose your elbow. And the last crash I've had completely tore off the material exposing my entire elbow. I wouldn't buy these again.

Peter   Downhiller [May 27, 2008]
Strength:

Doesnt move at all while riding. Very comfortable, and VERY light. I tried having them really tight on my arm, and it did not fly so i rock them really loose and they still only move just barely, but not when your arms are in the riding postition. The only elbow/arm pad ill ever use the rest of my life.

Velcro strap doesnt go very tight (But theyre still solid loose) A little pricy, but well worth the cost.

Totally sick! Well worth the $. Rock solid, very protective, and have saved my arms a number of times. Anybody who does just 5" travel bike trail riding, all the way to freeriders/DH racers should definitely consider this product.