Fox Head Knee-Shin Guards Armor and Pads

Knee-Shin Guards

Fox Racing Knee-Shin Guards

MCtigre   Weekend Warrior [Mar 03, 2009]
Strength:

Light weight. Not too hot.

Total junk for knee and shin protection. I had a good wipe out and my knee got tore up because these slipped down.

I am getting some real protection for my legs. I do not do any big jumps or hucks but for some kind of protection these are No good.
These are no good if you want protection. Save your legs and money, get something else.

Similar Products Used: None
DarthBiker   Weekend Warrior [Aug 15, 2008]
Strength:

Strengths ? Protects my shins, solid plastic shells, good velcro grip, cool looking

Hot....but I guess everything in Florida is going to be hot

Bottom Line? After taking one of many diggers and gashing the tihs out of my shin I figured $15 was worth it, so far so good. Saved my shins and knees MORE than once! Seem to stay put, I have some meaty calves...although if you are more than 5'10" or just have long legs you may find them a bit on the short side. I'm 5'9" and they stop about 2" short of my foot. The black and red color scheme looks cool. I would by these again. Dont think they can be beat for the price. If you are looking for affordable protection and you're not 6' tall these are your pads.
5 hot ones for value but only 4 for overall as I've only had them a month & 1/2, longevity remains to be seen

Similar Products Used: None, 1st pair of pads
Jack   Downhiller [Jul 26, 2008]
Strength:

If youre wearing pants they work ok, very cheap.

Slid down really easy leaving your knee exposed and making it sort of useless, become very uncomfortable with sweat and dirt, straps dont really work very well.

pretty bad shinpads dont buy them unless you are always going to wear pants otherwise they slid down all the time.
only good thing about them is they are cheap.

Similar Products Used: none
Marcus75   Weekend Warrior [Jul 15, 2003]
Strength:

Cheap, Comfortable fit!

Min. Protection, The knee pads flaps around, cheap (quality and price)!

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! This is very min. on protection and the knee pad part don't stay in place. They are very comfortable fit though! Definately not for use on aggressive types of ride or downhills. But I don't do the crazy stuffs like bombing downhill at jet speed so I don't need all that much protections. Only from those occasional cuts and bruises from the open dirt fireroads. I will eventually upgrade to the Core Rat shin/knee pads because I am starting to tackle the more technical terrains.

So if you are a beginner MTBer or a guy just getting into the aggressive types of riding like me, this product is a good place to start! 5 Chillis for Value and 3 chillis overall!

Similar Products Used: Protec Knee pads, and numerous others that I forgot the names of?
Tom B   Downhiller [Sep 27, 2005]
Strength:

cheap, good with adjustments.

lack of knee strap

These become great pads with minor adjustments. Mine r a D.I.Y miracle. I took some elastic/velcro i had lying around at my mums house and an old rash vest and with these made a sleve for my knee with a strap going around it. I cut the forward stitching slightly so they bent better and they r awesome. Anyone that can be bothered to make these adjustments should. I hav a small size but this is fine b'coz i use clips.

Similar Products Used: Dainese Pro Legs, Fox 911s, Fox Launch, TLD Combats
Mojombo   Weekend Warrior [Mar 11, 2002]
Strength:

Total, utter, complete cr@p. I got these in the mail and strapped them on and laughed a laugh of pity for anyone who would actually try to use these as protection. Sure, they're inexpensive, and there's a reason for that.

When I see products like this I feel ashamed of both the manufacturer of the item, and the fools that sell them. Obviously these knee/shin guards are bought by people and never sent back because it costs as much to ship back as it did to buy them...and so Fox keeps producing them. Despite, I'm sending these ridiculous pieces of plastic back to the cr@phole from whence they came, just to spite the b@stards at Fox who would peddle these off as usable. One flaming poop for a product that never should have existed in the first place. Go buy some Core Rat and save the medical expense of 20 knee stitches and a month off your bike.

Similar Products Used: Core Rat Leg Armor
jack   Racer [Mar 11, 2002]
Strength:

cheap in an inexpensive way.
they work for what you pay for.
fairly durable i have had them for a year and a half

eventually the straps strech enought so they dont contract back to thier original size.
some of the stiching has come undone

they are good for 20 bucks, even thought the knew pad flops around, these pads seem to fit me well, and have done a good job protecting me in crashes on pavement and trails. You must x lace the straps across your calf, it keeps the pads in place better.

Similar Products Used: none
Mike   Downhiller [Sep 28, 2001]
Strength:

The knee pad cracked in half the first time it fell on it.

Horrible. A waste of money.

Juan Alfredo Picasso   Downhiller [Jul 20, 2006]
Strength:

cheap, good when used with pants

slips off very easily!!!gets all wet with swet, doesn’t have a knee strap. When I fall always crush my knee and slips 180 degrees. I always have to pull them up while going down

Good if you are short of money, but don’t work at all well, especially for DH. also kinda good if you use DH pants.

Similar Products Used: lizard skins knee guards
Stormshadow   Downhiller [Jan 02, 2000]
Strength:

Cheap. Shin guard protects great. Lightweight and not too hot.

Knee pad section is of dubious protective value. Made in China.

Pretty dope for 20 bucks. The shin part is great, but the knee pad kinda flaps around. It protected me fine in the few slower crashes I've had, but I suspect that the knee section might not help much during a higher speed, Superman-style crash. But I haven't any problems with them so far, and they have saved my knees from my stem and fork clamps, so I'm satisfied so far. Interstingly, these same pads are marketed under the Azonic and O'Neal brandnames. The Azonic ones list for $18 at azonicusa.com, but the SAME EXACT pads list for $10 at oneal.com... milking the DH coolness factor for all its worth?

Similar Products Used: These are the first one's I've tried. I got 'em cause they're cheap as hell.