EVS BJ5 Short Sleeve Ballistic Jersey Armor and Pads

Boomer
    Downhiller

Strength:

below

The fit is poor and the chest and back protection is minimal and pulls away from your body. The armor will not stay in place at time of impact. About the only thing this is good for is avoiding some abrasions on your shoulders. The ventilation is terrible, the only thing that keeps you cool is the fact that the pad constantly floats up and away from your body. I do not recommend this product for any application.

Fox chest protector

OVERALL
    [Jan 15, 2004]
    B T

Strength:

Cooler than most. Light weight.

It does move around a little under the jersey. But not that much.

First off, I'm more of a BMXer than MTB type. Though I do enjoy a good trail ride every once in a while. Well I really got to test this thing. Out of the gate. Over the step up. The guy in front of me went down. I couldn't react quick enough. Front tire planted in his bike and over the bars I went. First thing to hit was my shoulder, then skidded a couple of feet on my back. Hey, guess what. My shoulder doesn't hurt a bit. I tweaked my leg though. This thing really saved my shoulder. I know there's better protection out there, but not for $35.

na