EVS Ballistic Jersey 3 Armor and Pads

EVS Ballistic Jersey 3 Armor and Pads

EVS Ballistic Jersey 3

[Jul 12, 2000]
Hellboy

Strength:

Less expensive than Dainese
Good construction
Keeps me warm in the winter time
Protects my parts

Elbow pads don't really feel like they're staying in place very well.

Back protection leaves a little bit of spine exposed. Makes me kinda nervous.

A bit hot in the summer, but hey what isn't?

This jersey saved my @ss yesterday. The chest plates kept my nipples from being ripped off, and the shoulder and elbow pads came through as well. That said, I'm still a bit weary of the elbow section. I wish there was a strap of some kind to keep them from moving around. So far they have always been in the right place at the right time. Luck?
If you don't want to slap down 300 bucks for a Dainese the EVS is a good compromise.

Skin

[Jun 14, 2000]
Daron

Strength:

One piece unit, well ventilated. Stays in place.

Fair - to - poor construction quality, I've had to re-sew a couple of the seams. EVS doesn't support customers at all.

I had issues with EVS because of their poor customer support when I had problems with a knee brace that fell apart after 1 race, but bought this item because there wasn't an alternative. The design is awesome. I've always had problems with elbow pads falling to my wrists during a 200+ mile desert race (I've got scars on both my wrists from the plastic edges of the pads digging in.)
IWhen you first put it on, it feels a little constraining-, and tight around the wrists and neck, but once you're moving, it's MUCH more comfortable than anything else. So much so that the first time I wore it, I was uneasy because I felt like I was riding without any protection.
Price is about right, and the design deserves 5 chilis, -1 for low quality construction.

Various moto-chest protectors and elbow pads. I've got a bunch of them, and they're all the same except for this one and the underprotector which is HOT (temperature-wise)!

[Nov 17, 1999]
victor jerez
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

lightweight
reasonably protective
reasonably priced

Protection on the chest and back is a little rigid, elbow elastics should have been lycra like fox 911's

Good product for the money, the mesh shirt is sweet and gives a lot of peace of mind when hammering down rocky N.E. technical rock and root trails. Bottom line: If you're not a DH'er, this is the way to go.

Qranc upper body armor