Dainese Elbow Guards Armor and Pads

Dainese Elbow Guards

David Cahoon   Downhiller [Jun 20, 2007]
Strength:

Light, Well Ventilated

Not secure enough to withstand repeated impacts or a sliding fall. They will move.

I've fallen on these pads about 4 times and they worked well for slow speed crashes with one impact, but I crashed jumping and they moved and tore my elbow up. They also need periodic repositioning on the arm, which is a real problem. The Roach Rally Pads (both leg and arm) are FAR more secure and never need to be re-adjusted. I now see that the Dainese pads offer a somewhat false sense of security, be careful that your armor will stay in place!

Buy it for rides with more slow-techy riding, smaller features, or xc riding knowing that your trading protection for comfort and light weight.

If you ride dh/fr these won't live up to your expectations. I'm now out $50 because I don't trust them to protect me plus I have a nice impact abrasion on my elbow. Thanks Dainese!

Similar Products Used: Roach Rally DH
dirtdigler   Downhiller [Nov 12, 2006]
Strength:

Really comfy so lite you forget they are on breathable

they dont slip down for me but are a little short leaving your forearm exposed to damage

if you got skiny arms 1. look for something else or man up and get some muscle
2. if you have really long skinny arms look for something else or just give up and go back to your ps2

Similar Products Used: reaceface roach
OUCH!   Weekend Warrior [Feb 02, 2002]
Strength:

They work! Just enough...

They slide a bit...

Flopped over on my back in intense pain, I check my body for signs of serious damage...after blowing the landing on a 4'drop and sliding down the steep rocky slope bellow it, on my forarms. It seems I have only a yellow-green bruise and several shallow abrasions on my left forarm. The pads did their job, but the left one slid back after a few jarring impacts on my way down the hill. But it still kept my elbow from being ripped up, which is nice...

I have herd XC rider friends snicker, and felt rather silly at times, wearing my pads getting to or from the trails. But when fate comes calling and I must pay the price, pads are sooooooo nice. I have no delusions that I wont crash while trying to get better on my bike, I just want to get through those crashies in shape to ride again the next day...or at least in a week or two;)

Similar Products Used: None, first pads I've used.
Bawdo   Downhiller [Nov 27, 2000]
Strength:

Very Protective
Look cool
Breath well

None.

These are excellent elbow guards. Protective, breath great, comfortable. They are the best you can get!DAINESE ALL THE WAY!

Similar Products Used: None.
Danny   Downhiller [Jul 03, 2000]
Strength:

Breathable, Stay put all day long, comfortable, light,

None yet

Best value for the money, when straped on properly I can ride all day and not have to adjust them. They look good as well

Similar Products Used: Shift, Fox
Geoff   Downhiller [Aug 17, 1999]
Strength:

great quality, work perfectly, without getting too trashed in the process

move on impact, unless covered by your jersey in which case they are perfect

the best padding on the market.

Similar Products Used: hard nox
Bill Taylor   weekend warrior [Feb 05, 1999]

Still new to MTB game and I haven't had any falls yet. Did some research and choose Dainese. The pads stay in place during the ride, but there is still a chaffing problem with the straps.

Darius   Weekend Warrior [Nov 26, 2003]
Strength:

Well ventilated
Feel comfortable when riding

slides down a bit and need to be pulled up while riding

In the short time i've had these pads they've already saved my elbows/forearms once from some nasty damage. When I came off I went for a nice slide and the pads stayed in place. Compared to other pads tried in store, they feel much more ventilated, and lighter too. When riding, the pads slip down a bit and I found myself having to pull them up which was a bit annoying, probably because they don't have enough straps.
All in all a good pad, they saved my elbows from a date with the dirt so i'm happy
Oh and I paid AU$85 (15% discount-never pay full price for anything!)