Core Rat Fork Guards Armor and Pads

Core Rat Fork Guard:
available for ;
-Marzocchi Forks- any style which has the "M" brace will fit
-Rockshox- Boxer Forks
-Stratos- Stratos Forks

coming soon: Fork Guards for Monster T Forks.

Aaron   Downhiller [Jun 17, 2003]
Strength:

Strong construction, they look as good as they can for what they are. Very simple installation. Havn't had any encounters with rocks but I expect they will hold up fine.

My last bike got away from me on a corner and the stancion was gouged out. Repair on the fork was about as much as the fork cost new. These should set my mind at ease with the $1000 Boxxer Team concealed beneath these babies.
Thanks to Angie for being such a big help and making a much needed product.

Similar Products Used: nutin'
Jim   Cross Country Rider [May 16, 2003]
Strength:

Protects without interfering with riding, light, quick to put on and take off.

None.

Last year my friend lent me his Z1. I laid the bike down on a ski area run, no big deal, but it scratched the sanction. Ten days and $135.00 later, I figured there had to be a simple way to protect these forks(since boots are no longer cool), and I heard about Angie at Core Rat. Well, I spent $630.00 on a new Talas this year and purchased some of these right away for when I ride in Palmer Park or ski areas. Cheapest, easiest way to truly protect a steep investment. It takes less than a minute to put these on, and you just cut the zip ties when you want it off. A no-brainer, for sure.

Similar Products Used: Just rubber boots on my old fork.
Mike Ruth   Downhiller [Feb 21, 2002]
Strength:

Fit well, easy to install. You don't have to touch them again once they are installed. They work.

A must have if you ever fall down and don't want to replace your stanchions. They don't rattle or move around. If you do have to take them off it justs takes a couple of zip ties to re-install them.

Similar Products Used: Lizard skins
Optimo   Downhiller [Dec 29, 2003]
Strength:

+ Made of hard plastic, tough to break
+ easy to install, 5 min.
+ I don't have to worry about protecting stanchions when bike is on the rack.
+ does the job, and does it right

none yet and none that I anticipate

This product is great, lizardskins' stanchion covers are a joke compared to this. If you care about your fork and don't want to buy a new one when it gets damaged, you should invest in one of these. Because this product does what it's advertised to do: Protect stanchions from getting scratches, dings, and does it so well, I'm giving it 5 flamin' chilis

Kyle Reutenauer   Weekend Warrior [Oct 07, 2003]
Strength:

Looks pretty good. Very easy to install and seems like it will protect my stanchions from those rocks when i crash.

Maybe the look of it, it looks very nice but on the other hand it doesnt, i havnt yet drawn a conclusion on it.

Very nice product. They look very nice and bad at the same time but it doesnt matter to me if they do the job and prevent me from having to repair or replace my front fork.

Similar Products Used: none
Bird   Weekend Warrior [Jan 25, 2004]
Strength:

-offers good coverage for the stanchions.
- easy installation

I think it would have been better if they have rounded the edge. It is quite sharp. But that was easily fixed with the use of a little sandpaper.

With the investment that I made on the Super T, I sure would like to be able to use it for about 3-5 years. I was on a search for a similar product the day I purchased the fork.

I've done 2 rides with this covers on. There really was no noticeable extra weight. I had two minor crashes with them and no problem. The covers stayed in place and did their job. I noticed the cover rubbing the crown. It was a good that I sanded the edges a bit and I placed some tape for some temprorary fix. I plan to replace them with transparent lexan or carbon fiber sticker in the future.

I'll do another review after spending more time with them.

Angie was very helpful on the internet querries before and after the purchase.

There is still room for improvement on the product but I would definitely recommend them to riding buddies.

Similar Products Used: none
Chance Richie   Cross Country Rider [Mar 22, 2003]
Strength:

Does what it is supposed to do.

When I upgraded my fork to a Marzocchi it made me nervous that the fork didn't have any boots or anything to protect it. My bravado sometimes overwhelms my riding ability and I didn't want to break, scratch, or do anything bad to my precious Marzocchi. Today I did an Endo and my bike landed hard on the rocks. The stanchion cover on the right side shifted and had a scratch on it but my fork was saved. Good purchase and Angie is very easy to work with.

Murray   Downhiller [Feb 02, 2003]
Strength:

Light, simple and functional. Easy to install. The kit is complete and the instructions are easy to follow. The guards were mounted in less than 15 minutes. They look cool and are the best protection against stanchion damage available. I also like the environment-friendly packaging.

None.

Angie sets the standard for commitment to service. An email order made on Tuesday arrived at my door on Firday! The stanchion guards do what they're supposed to do and do it with style. Concerned about the price? Check out the price of replacement stanchions! Excellent product and excellent service at a reasonable price.

Similar Products Used: Lizard Skins. Let,s be fair, though....Lizard Skins are designed to protect against mud and dust. Angie makes armor to protect against rock damage.
Mike   Weekend Warrior [Jun 12, 2003]
Strength:

Tough stuff!

Doesn't look that great...if you care...

IT F***** WORKS!

Similar Products Used: Stock rubber fork boots.
SGT. ROCK   Racer [May 24, 2002]
Strength:

Fit well; easy to get on/off
Strong
Work as intended
Don't affect fork function

A bit pricey
Hides your flash fork

A very good idea for bikes subject to sudden, unplanned meetings with planet Earth. Made of thick, hard plastic. Much better concept than Lizard Skins - don't cause stiction, and do you really think that neoprene is gonna stop a rock? C'mon.

They are a little pricey at $25 CDN, but, hey, Angie has to make a living, too, eh?