Azonic H.P. Knee-Shin Guards Armor and Pads

H.P. Knee-Shin Guards

The H. P. Knee/Shin protector offers the ultimate in knee and shin protection by utilizing injection molded custom plastic with a separate injection molded knee cap and shin guard. Full oversized Neoprene® trim makes this the ultimate in Knee/Shin protection for any serious racer.

Available in Black. In S/M and L/XL

Cristy Gott   Downhiller [Jun 21, 2003]
Strength:

These shin guards stay in place very well, on the bottom of your legs. They protect the back of your legs from pedal bites. They have saved my shins many, many times.

They are EXTREMLY hot. They make your legs sweat a lot and then the shin guards get very stinky. The velcro rubs your skin when you pedal, which is annoying and painful after a long day of runs.. The top of the guards will roll out of the way during a crash, and expose your knees to all sorts of abuse. But that seems to happen with a lot of other shin guards too.

Overall I have liked these shin guards. I would recomend them to others.They do protect your legs well, except in frontal, sliding crashes.And Maybe in a colder climate they would be better.

Similar Products Used: Dianese, Fox, Qrank
PORCUPINE RIM   [Jun 11, 2003]
Strength:

huge, looks real tough, good protection

bulky, uncomfortable, does not stay in place.

I ordered the Azonic because they were on sale at Jenson for 31.00. My friend already warned me that I will not like it since he have a Dianese and he like it a lot. So, when I recieved the Azonic I was surprised to see how big they were (I am 5'5")for me anyway. I tried them on and my first impression was very uncomfortable. The velcro were rubbing behind my knees so when you pedal you get this rash. I tried different ways to fit it in but it just would not stay in place. Maybe, if my legs were a bit longer it will be okay. Jenson was nice enough to take it back and pay for the shipping. I also ordered the elbow pads which are great and kept them. In short it's a great product but it's not for me. I end up ordering the Dianese which is 30 bucks more. I really liked how the Dianese fit when I me when I borrowed it from my friend. As far as product rating
I will give it 5 chillies for protection since it protect even the back of your legs, for comfort 2 chillies, value 4 chillies. Good luck!

Similar Products Used: Dianese
Siconico D   Downhiller [Dec 25, 2001]
Strength:

If it would fit, it's a good design.

It doesn't fit

These came in the mail, and went back out the next day. I don't know if it was just mine, but the stitching on the velcro/neoprene hurt the back of my knee like all get out.
I went to a barely used pair of Roach DH and never looked back. Just try them on before purchase. (No more mail order clothes for me)

Similar Products Used: Azonic Knee cups, Roach DH
Tone   Downhiller [Mar 17, 2002]
Strength:

Good product for the money. Protects the knee and shin very well and is durable.

Hot, bulky, slides down, and the straps rub on back of leg which is very uncomfortable: got a rash from this.

Buy these pads if you want total protection and don't care about comfort.
Don't by these pads if your looking for something light weight and stays in place.
Overall, i use these every time i ride, but they are starting to annoy me because they are uncomfortable. Gonna change as soon as possible.

Similar Products Used: Fox 911 knee/shin guards = crap - falls down the minute you start riding. these are the older ones. dont know about the new ones.
jason   Downhiller [May 24, 2001]
Strength:

these pads saved my knees many times. the last time the cup cracked on the knee portion but left my knee unharmed. i am total grateful i was wearing these at the time. otherwise my knee would have been demolished.

great pads

Paul   Downhiller [Jun 05, 2001]
Strength:

These shin gaurds are great for jumping, downhilling, freeriding, you name it! The plastic molding really protects your shins and knees.

Your legs get extreemely hot and uncomfortable but you get used to it. They sometimes start sliding off your leg, but if you are really hot the sweat holds them on just fine. Otherwise you get used to them so much you do not even know that you are wearing them.

These guards are great for all-around riding. I feel more confident doing drops and jumps when I have them on.

Similar Products Used: none
zac   Downhiller [Dec 09, 2000]
Strength:

very strong, great for downhilling and urban(saved my knees and shins many times)

straps to short had to have longer straps put on.

great pad. if you have big legs you will have to make the straps longer but are still worth getting.

Similar Products Used: hammer2zs,dyno pads
James Rogers   Cross Country Rider [Jun 11, 2000]
Strength:

Awesome protection, doesn't move, relatively cheap, good construction, not restricted to downhilling by movement problems but is heavy enough for DH

as said, these are DAMN HOT. Neoprene doesn't breathe at ALL

These are great. They perform awesome. I have taken a few pedal strikes and one bad fall without a scratch on my body. This is in contrast to the Axo pads which, although cheap and nice, were not heavy enough and wandered while riding and if you crashed. I have the scar (an inch long gash from Gore mountain) to prove it. For a heavy XCer or DHer, these pads are the best.

Similar Products Used: Axo shin guards
Dick   Weekend Warrior [Apr 19, 2000]
Strength:

Full leg protection, with hard shells. The neoprene moves well and doesn't bunch up too much. Way more protection than their little brothers!I got them for 70 Cdn.

Damn Hot!! They tended to slide at first until they get broken in.

Theses are the greatest! With the hard shell I have never injured my knees which were beat to hell before. They are a bit warm, but the first hard dig you take you will forgive them for being hot.That is why they are still getting 5.