AXO knee shin guards Armor and Pads

knee shin guards

axo knee shin guards

Travis Troupe   Downhiller [May 19, 2008]
Strength:

Light weight, cheap

Thin plastic, only two straps to hold it in place. Knee protection does not protect, slides around easily.

I got these pads because they were cheap. But you really do get what you pay for. They do not stay put for very long. They move out of the way during a crash. After a small spill yesterday, my knee is bruised, scratched and swolen, and I was wearing the pads. That's not why I paid for them. I would not recomend these.

Similar Products Used: None yet.
Matt Hubka   Downhiller [Jul 16, 2007]
Strength:

Googled myself for the first time and this was one of the sites that came up..Funny 'cause Im still wearing the pads 7 frick'n years later. Mostly cause Im a poor ass MTB'r but mainly because I dont replace things that don't need It(usually).

They do slide around untill they stick with sweat(yuck I know, but its true) and they do move AWAY at the first impact of a fall, this sucks when there are still plenty of crashing going on, but the first one is usually the bad one.

I always felt I should have Hard pads and I still feel that way. These are light and fit me well, Im sure there's better and I THINK the fox 911 x-up, or whatever there called, would be the one's I would buy, but there still a 100 cdn and mine still work, so It hasn't happened yet and probably won't (until these break, which I don't see happening any time soon).

Similar Products Used: none
James Richmond   Weekend Warrior [Feb 27, 2001]
Strength:

Protect shins well.

Do not protect knees, snap easily at the knee joint(mines have snapped)Slip of your legs really easily. Cut of blood!

They are ok if u are on a really tight budget but are not reccomended for serious use. Dont buy them unless u have to

Similar Products Used: Dainese pro air knee/shin gaurds
Anthony L   Racer [Aug 19, 2000]
Strength:

these Pads R pretty good because they work and they are inexpensive

No Protection on the back leg
not good for trails

these Pads R good for freeriding and I use these in slalom racing. I like them alot. thanks for the suggestion Patrick (from Clagary) your little suggestion works and I thank U for that suggestion.

Similar Products Used: Bare skin
patrick   Downhiller [May 14, 2000]
Strength:

strong. comfortable in mild weather.

tend to get hot in warm weather.

comfortable and strong, can get hot.

suggestion: if they slip around too much, leave the bottom 2 straps looser than the other ones.

Similar Products Used: none
RoadRash   Cross Country Rider [May 10, 2000]
Strength:

Light Weight, Low Cost, Little to no movement

No protection for the back of the leg.

These pads are very comfortable to wear. You basically forget they are on. They aren't very good for trials though because they don't protect the back of the leg. If you're like me you need protection back there. I think that they would work great for DS though. For the price you can't beat them. Four stars for overall because they don't cover the back, five for value because they are high quality for the price.

Similar Products Used: Roach DS knee/shin
Tae Kwon Do shin pads
Chris Cole   [Apr 02, 2000]
Strength:

Absolutly amazing i hit a tree whilst wearing them and smashed the nerves ligaments and tendons in my knee. it may sound bad but i was told that if i wasnt wearing them i would have shatered the bottom of my thigh bone the top of my shin and my knee cap so these things kick ass for strenghth

none found so far.

The best they dont come much stronger than this!!!!

so i'll give this a rating of 5 burning roadies

Similar Products Used: skin this stuff isnt to protective and tends to bleed or bruise when hit hard
Artem Spec   Weekend Warrior [Jan 06, 2000]
Strength:

Good construction
Big field of protection
high quality
perfect thing for the long time of use

Non-perfect fixation on shins

The best one for this price, more better than Fox 911.