Alpinestars Bionic Neck Support Armor and Pads

Alpinestars Bionic Neck Support Armor and Pads

When it comes to gravity riding and hard wrecks, it's not 'if, but 'when'. The Alpine Stars Bionic Neck Support SB helps minimize the risk of serious neck or collarbone injuries when you go ass-over-teakettle at the worst possible time.Dual-density EVA padding combines comfort and impact protectionReinforced polyurethane composite frame offers reliable protection in a huge range of temperaturesRear stabilizer system is designed to flex and disperse major impact forcesFitting system allows shoulder-height adjustment for a precise, secure fitWide frame with no exposed hardware offers protection against collarbone injuriesMounting points allow integration with other Alpine Stars protective productsPivot key system allows easy front opening in case of emergency

[Feb 28, 2016]
Kim Godfrey
Downhiller

Strength:

Does its job.
Cool magnet locking system.
Wears comfortably.

Range of movement is limited when looking directly behind me. But range of movement is fine for everything else.

Aside from basic get offs, I've had one particular crash at speed that was substantial. (Bucked - nose wheelie - otb straight to chest, crumpled and ended up on my back.) Had I not been wearing my neck support, I would have had some big medical bills to deal with.

It's comfortable to wear, I have a TLD D3 and a Scorpion DOT helmet Both helmets have enough clearance so that I can look up while in my riding position and not have the neck support limit my range of movement.
My only limit is while looking backward when riding, (while coaching) I don't have full range of movement in that way, but aside from coaching, most people don't need to look directly behind them.

Sizing pieces are included to get the fit right.
Straps are included for a snug fit.
The pull in front to open the neck support is an easy system, and can be opened very quickly.

OVERALL
[Dec 29, 2011]
norcorider95
Downhiller

Strength:

Looks good, fits well, works with My troy lee d2, well seems to, no real restrictions

the stock strap is shocking, get the a strap with it, size guides arent right (check bottom line)

Seems like a good brace, not too much clearence, not enough to restrict vision, dont listen to the size guides, i was written in at a medium/large with a normal 104cm chest, i bought a medium because i could get a medium for £150 however it has got about an inch clearence at the chest plate (fits with straps)

Buy it but get the A strap!!!!!