Wellgo WPD-801 Pedal

A classic mountain clipless design for all type of riders. Single rear jaw mechanism resists twisting and jamming. Built with a strong die cast aluminum body and a CrMo spindle. These are built tough. 362g

rogo74   Weekend Warrior [Aug 09, 2011]
Strength:

Very durable and reliable.

None for the price I paid and how long it lasted.

I would recomend them for begginer riders, not expensive pedals, reliable and easy to adjust.

Similar Products Used: Deore XT clipless
mcintirel   Weekend Warrior [Jun 16, 2011]
Strength:

traditional spd design, easy entry, adjustable release tension

drive side pedal external spindle seal squeals unless constantly lubed. spindle not machined properly to fit inner bearing race causing unacceptable level of resistance to rotate pedal body

got these for free so i guess i can't complain but the right one is complete junk. if i had paid for them i would be looking to replace the one on warranty but since i didn't i will putting the spindle to the grinder so it will turn with less than 20 n/m of force.

Similar Products Used: shimano xt, 959, crank brothers candy 1, time attack
J-Rod   Weekend Warrior [Sep 20, 2010]
Strength:

I had these pedals for 10 years, using them on both my Schwinn Homegrown and my Diamondback Mission. They never gave up. Easy to use; easy to set up; easy to adjust; easy to rely on.

Nothing. Just today, after ten years of cross country and all-mountain riding, the right pedal broke off (yes, the spindle broke clean off, leaving the pedal connected to my cleat). That's not a weakness.

Great pedals. Lasted ten years.

Similar Products Used: This is all I've had.
william jones   Cross Country Rider [Oct 11, 2006]
Strength:

looks, and ease of adjustments to retention spring

a little bit on the heavy side(but actualy still lighter than a streetshoe/pedal combination)

I got these pedals over shimano because the price and I didn't want to buy an expensive set to be my first clipless pedals. So far i have put about 20 miles on them and all I can say is WOW what an improvement compared to the stock steel cage pedals that came on my bike. I have also found that climbing is alot easier too. I would definitely recomend this product to anybody looking for a good first set of clipless pedals even though I haven't used these very long. If you are weight concious then these pedals probably are not for you as they are a little heavier than something that costs more but for me they are just what I was looking for because I am 220lbs and these pedals seem to "built tough" as the discription says they are.