Wellgo WAM-M3 Pedal

WAM-M3

The M3 pedals feature a new retention mechanism that allows easier cleat engagement thanks to a wider front port. The low profile forged alloy body makes this a great lightweight pedal. The CrMo axle and sealed bearings provide a long smooth service life. 302g

pat   Cross Country Rider [Aug 25, 2012]
Strength:

look nice

impossible to adjust

Have had good reviews of Wellgo pedals in past. However, these pedals out of the box were terrible. Adjustment screws come loose and clipping in was a nightmare. On the trail, adjustments, no matter the force, pedals did not release. Use at your own risk. Spend a little more get a better product.

Similar Products Used: ritchie, shimano, wellgo
flynbryan19   Cross Country Rider [Aug 31, 2011]
Strength:

-Inexpensive
-Easy to use
-Light
-Easy to adjust

-hard to clip into when muddy
-screws will back out if not checked
-can come unclipped unexpectedly if spring preload is set too light

Had to comment on my experience w/ these after seeing all the negative reviews on this pedal. This was my first clipless pedal set and came with the shoes I bought. I didn't expect much after reading the reviews (after I bought them), but have been REAL happy w/ these pedals.
The price is great, they're light, and they're easy to use. Yes I've noticed the screws can loosen, but ANY mechanical product (bikes/cars/anything) should be gone over before a ride to make sure all is well. They will get clogged when muddy, but I don't ride in heavy mud. This is a GREAT pedal and I'd have no problem recommending them to anyone.

Similar Products Used: Shimano clipless pedals
tan00ki   Cross Country Rider [May 21, 2010]
Strength:

Price

Durability/Reliability

These were the first clipless pedals I purchased in 2007. The first pair I had lasted about a season before one of the pedal platforms pulled from the spindle during a ride from a worn out bearing.

Since the price was so attractive, I bought a second set. They also lasted about a season before the adjustment screws fell out.

The third set I currently have I got for free from my brother so I decided to just try one more time. Due to rock strikes, both pedals only work on 1 side now. The springs were damaged and they have clamped closed permanently. They are somewhat usable still but this will be my last pair. Personally, I think they should be able to take a little more abuse before completely failing.

The bottom line is that each set has served me ok for about a season before failing. If you do light trail riding or path riding these are great but for any aggressive riding I would look for a little more quality. For $10 more I am going to go with Shimano 520s. Judging by the reviews, I think this is a better decision.

Similar Products Used: None yet
grahamlocke   Weekend Warrior [Apr 15, 2010]
Strength:

This is an awful product. You almost cannot clip in, and then it is IMPOSSIBLE to unclip. I had to twist so hard that my knee hurt for days afterwards. When you adjust the tension, the screw is likely to fall out...and it doesn't make a bit of difference!!
Save your money, this is a disaster.

avoid!! spend $55 and get a pair of Shimano 520's and ride with peace of mine

Similar Products Used: Shimano 520
fisher_rider05   Cross Country Rider [Oct 09, 2009]
Strength:

low profile, sealed bearings

none so far

It works just fine

Similar Products Used: shimano 545 cage pedals
xcmountainbiker90   Cross Country Rider [Nov 13, 2008]
Strength:

there ok came wit shoes

screws fall out does anyone know were i can get extra screws for it?

its a ok item

FOGAF   Weekend Warrior [Oct 28, 2008]
Strength:

CHEAP

These thing have fallen apart completely. The first time I adjusted them, I backed the adjustment screw out too much and had to undo the "I" shaped piece of metal, which semi-stripped the screw heads. Then one day I hit a pedal on a rock and the clip clamped shut and I had to force it back (this may be a normal thing when this happens). And The same ride, the bolts that hold the spring on started coming out by itself, and when I went to tighten it, the bolt broke.

DO NOT BUY spend a few more buck for good pedals, or buy some used. These may be good if you do really-really light trail of road riding, but then why would you need clipless.

Similar Products Used: none
bikermanjme50   Weekend Warrior [Sep 26, 2008]
Strength:

This was the first clipless pedal I tried. They are very inexpensive.

The screws that hold the I shaped plate on in the center of the pedal came loose all the time. I tried lock tight to get them to stay, but nothing worked. Eventually I lost several screws and one of the metal plates as well. the heads of the screws also stripped out pretty easily.

Don't waste your time or money with these petals. Spend the extra money and buy Shimano.

Similar Products Used: shimano m520, Crank bros smarty.
mtbkr1290   Cross Country Rider [Aug 15, 2008]
Strength:

Easy to clip into when u figure the thing out...

Messed up in a few ways...

I got these pedals a while before i got the shoes because i thought it was a good deal. I dont know if it was a bad sight or what... The second i got the shoes i went to put the cleat in. I had to file down the washer to get it to fit in the clip.... and the cleat's arrow is pointing the wrong way! i figred the pedals were on the wrong crank shafts. After i got everything together they worked absolutley fine. Pedals, Good. Cleats that come with them, Trash

Similar Products Used: first pair
rocket88   Cross Country Rider [Aug 02, 2008]
Strength:

Lightweight, smooth spinning, great price!

Cheesy chrome plating flakes off (doesn't affect performance though), lack of threadlock on small screws.

These pedals are light and perform great. However, the price obviously shows the lack of attention to detail. Like adding a threadlock to the attaching screws upon installation and realizing the chrome plating just was unneccesary (would'be been cheaper and lighter w/o). Please keep in mind that these are lightweight material pedals for XC riding. I got a carried away going downhill 20+ mph and smacked one side on a rock. I remained clipped, but the bottom clip/spring mech. broke. Basically the lightweight body material/tab that holds the spring in place rounded off, causing a collasped spring. LONG STORY SHORT, if you remove and reinstall the screws w/some threadlock before hitting the trail and properly adjust, clean & lube them every 2-3 rides, they'll give you plenty of lightweight & smooth spinning action for a long time!