Wellgo MG-18 Pedal

MG-18

Cast magnesium body offers the same durable performance as aluminum, at an even lighter weight. Single rear jaw mechanisms resists twisting or jamming, and are built tough to stand up to the abuse that pedals must endure. Adjustable release tension allows a wide range of settings to suit every type of rider. Solid cromoly axles offer a great balance of lightweight and affordability, and spin on ultra-smooth cartridge bearings.

Jody   Weekend Warrior [Sep 27, 2003]
Strength:

Light, easy to clip in and out.

Weak. I have broken the end off of two of them.

I broke the end off of one of the pedals at the end of a 5 day mtbk trip to NC. I had only rode on them a few times before that trip. Luckily, they were still under warantee. So, I got another one for free. I just took a trip to the northwest and rode 2 days. At the end of the 2nd day, I broke the end off of another. I am by no means a hard core rider, and I rarely get the opportunity to ride good trails living in New Orleans. Bottom line - these pedals are cheap for a reason.