VP VX Trail Race Pedal

VP VX Trail Race Pedal

The VP VX Trail Race is our top of the line Trail sized pedal. The VX Trail Race provides the utmost in longevity and durability in all conditions by employing a very high quality inner oil seal, a full roller bearing and double sealed cartridge bearings. Cleat-in is precise and cleat-out is crisp and predictable thanks to the VX bindings. The VX Trail Race is also fully user-serviceable.

• Fully SPD® compatible
  • Aluminum body with mini platform for extra stability
  • 60mm width
  • Heat treated steel VX bindings
  • Forged, Heat Treated, CNC Machined Cromoly Steel Axle
  • High Quality oil seals for superior longevity
  • Roller and double sealed cartridge bearings
  • Rebuild kits available
  • Adjustable release tension
  • 400 grams per pair

[Jan 04, 2015]
tjscrogins99
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Weight, Platform, Price

Has a break in period before it started to outperform the pedals it replaced probably 25-50 miles.

Pedals worked wonderfully, very tight constructions and smooth bearings, weight is same as XTR level price is same as XT or lower. Can use SPD cleats or supplied VP (VP give a little more play when entering and exiting than shimano cleat) . I have ridden these on a few downhill runs on my "enduro" bike that bent my shimano pedals and VP pedals are still straight and true. This was the main reason for trying something over than Shimano, glad I did.

Shimano XT trail 785 pedals, Crank Bros Candy 3 Pedals

[Jan 02, 2015]
Shredmonkey
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Price, smooth clip in/out action, nice size platform. Comes with solid warranty.

None so far.

I Was using shimano m520's for years with no issues but I was looking to upgrade for my new bike. I was considering the shimano XT trails and these, I was not familiar with VP components at first but after doing some research I was impressed with the company and the lifetime warranty. All the web reviews I read were top notch and I found them for about half the retail price which was much cheaper than the XT's. With about ten solid rides on them so far the performance has been outstanding.

Shimano m520

[Dec 29, 2014]
DTH adventures

Strength:

great pedal quality second to none very smooth solid construction

I have been running them about four months with no problems at first they were a little bit hard to get clipped into just need a little break in time you wont be dissapointed