Twenty6 Prerunner Pedal

Leave it to the Twenty6 crew to be churning out bad-ass platform pedals while holed up in a shack in Montana. Cro-Moly axles and sexy 6061-T6 billet CNC pedal bodies make Twenty6 PreRunner Pedals extremely light and strong, and the cool factor closely rivals Bruce Lee.

monkei   Downhiller [Mar 24, 2012]
Strength:

Designed and machined in the US. Sweet profile, rounded, concave, grippy as hell (with skate shoes). Bought 'em used with some scuffs and gouges, added a few myself, but they still work awesome.

Al pins shear easily (that was the design intent, I believe), I switched to Ti pins and haven't had to replace any of em'. So grippy it eats skate shoes very fast (I need to invest in some 510s or sumthin') Could be cheaper?

Expensive, but you get whatcha pay for. Grippiest pedals I've ever ran, solid, deflect pretty well. Look awesome (especially in bright neon green). They drag a lil' until worn in well (supposedly to keep them from spinning while doing crazy trick shiznit). If you want something cheap, look elsewhere. If you're looking for solid and beautifully designed/machined pedals, these are for you. I thought Wah Wahs were the bomb until I tried a set of these out.

Similar Products Used: Kona Wah Wah, Speedplay Drillium
nedmario   Racer [Sep 27, 2011]
Strength:

Light weight, wide platform, great grip

pins wear out

These pedals are great, for cross country riding and for railing downhills. The maker of this pedal has changed the pins so they are longer and not pointed at the end. This decreases any shin damages and has solved all the issues with the pins falling out. The pins do wear out over time, I ride 8 to 12 hours a week and replace a couple of pins a month. I always install the pins with locktite and the new pin design has improved the longevity. Highly recommend these pedals for cross country riding and downhill!!!!

Similar Products Used: many pedals, clips flats, crank bros,
Freeride777   Downhiller [May 05, 2011]
Strength:

light, look bling, good grip

weak, pins are poor

not worth the money for larger clumsy DH riders or aggressive riders on low BB bikes, just not the right product for that type of rider, these are "show pony" pedals not practical for people who actually ride bikes hard

the pins break easy and rip out the pin housing area, thus ruining the pedal

I crashed twice and broke two pedals within 6 months, bent the axle and ruined them

Similar Products Used: many over the years
las-palmas   Cross Country Rider [Mar 23, 2011]
Strength:

Light and wide and can be used with all kind of sandals which is nice when it is hot like it usually is here.

After 2 month up and down the mountains here: None except the pins are dangerous if pedals are used without heavy leg protection, pins fragile, grip reasonable but does in no way match a clipless pedal. Anybody wants them; they are for sale at a reasonable price. 1 pin fell off, not many scratches and none of them heavy, no falls. Ugly green with black pins, killer look.

wide platform, low profile are great for people who want to use such pedals; it is great that they don’t spin (no quality pedals does that?), hollow pins are fragile and dangerous but that is the price to pay for the grip and I don’t think the pedals are strong enough to install solid steel pins in, meaning the pedal would break when hitting a pin.

Similar Products Used: None, the last 10 years where I have used clipless: CrankBrothers Too stiff to get in and out of, XT, XTR (both not for me) and now: Speedplay Frog pedals (5 years, grease every half year) excellent.
g1701gst   Downhiller [Feb 16, 2011]
Strength:

super light
Wide platform
low profile
Super grippy pins
Awesome colors!!! I have florescent yellow, so bright!

-The cost of replacement pins
-Pins need to be place to often

The wide platform, low profile and extreme grips make these pedals the best I have ever ridden. They are so comfortable and really give you confidence to ride all out. I like that they don't spin loosely, it make taking your feet off and on really easy and more safe. There is no drag or resistance once pedaling though. I realize the pin are designed to shear off and the hollow design saves weight and adds traction, I only wish there was an option for more durable / cheap pins.

Similar Products Used: kona wah wah, wellgos, Animal Steve Hamiltons and other BMX platform pedals
Rumlan   Downhiller [Dec 27, 2010]
Strength:

Super light, wide platform, and you can't get better grip.

Fragile and won't last.

Nice pedals but i'm really disappointed in the lack of durability with these pedals. The pins are designed to break away which is fine (even though the replacement pins are really expensive) but the point at where the pins screw in have pretty much all torn away as well. I see a lot of other people having the same problem and can't bring myself to recommend these to anyone unless your well aware they aren't going to last for long.

bryantaber   Downhiller [Oct 30, 2010]
Strength:

Lightest Platform on the market. very Pleasing to the eye.
paired with my 5.10's they are the stickies foot/pedal combination to date. That is no exageration!!!

None witnessed yet. Very tight pedals. I am just hoping the inner bushing isnat going to be a issue. (would have prefered inner and outer sealed bearings)

Ive put the best of evrything I can on this bike build.upgraded to 26 pedals to go lighetr and wider platform, So Far I LOVE these pedals. The review just below was of NOOOOO help at all. Actually seems like complet BS written by a competitor. How can a pedal fal off of the crank completely unless it wasnt installed properly. sounds like a 17 year old wrote the review. No offens I thin your full of poop. 5 chilis on both accnts.

Similar Products Used: Funn Slojam (liked alot but heavy) Older Atomic Lab Aircorp. complete junk.
kinglingping   Downhiller [Jul 11, 2010]
Strength:

Amazing grip while they lasted

Reliability, these pedals didn't even last one run down Ned's. They ended up falling about on the way down and got even worst the next time I used them, they even came off the crank on the next ride. Last 2 rides.

Do not recommend. Worst pedal I have ever used.

Similar Products Used: V-Sixty magnesium, Wellgo MG-1, Crank Brothers 5050xx, Time ATAC Z, DMR V12
James   Weekend Warrior [Mar 20, 2010]
Strength:

265 grams, awesome looks, and killer (literally) removable pins

Pricey

Exceeded my expectations. Top quality. I've been clearing technical sections and hills that I would bail out on when in the clips. I'm only using one pin per side. Seems to be plenty.

Similar Products Used: changed out from Crank 4ti
gfisher270   Downhiller [Mar 16, 2010]
Strength:

Amazing light pedals. The grip is unbelievable! They come in all different colors and looks so cool. If these pedals catch you you will be bleeding no doubt. My 6.0's stick right on them and they feel amazing. Very expensive but worth the money.

Scratch easily. Rode mine once and already have scratches!!! Very pricey.

These pedals are the best ones you can buy no doubt. Even though they cost about 300 dollars they will most likely last you a very long time. The colors are awesome and will match any color bike. If you like colors these will suit you. You will most likely never slip these. If you do slip you will be bleeding that is a guarantee. The extra gold pin and bolt cover will look awesome if you get it. Overall these pedals are top of the line.

Similar Products Used: None, these are light and better than anything I've ridden.