Time Atac XC 6 Pedal

Time ATAC XC 6 MTB Pedal is the pedal for anyone looking for elite-quality without the elite pricing. Same ATAC retention system as Time's world-cup competitive carbon pedals, with an ultralight composite body.

Jamie W   All Mountain Rider [Jun 05, 2016]
Strength:

Arguably the best entry/exit ever developed

I've used these pedals quite extensively, well over 1k miles so far. Nothing stops them, they have hit quite a few rocks and after reading the previous reviews I would expect them to just fall apart. Nothing could be further from the truth. Just like my previous pairs of Time ATACs, these have held up to all the abuse I can throw at them. Time ATACs are the best engagement system on the market and these are almost as light as the carbon models, far cheaper, and more burly. Can't go wrong.

Similar Products Used: Crank Brothers Candy, Eggbeaters, Shimano (many levels)
Thys   [Aug 09, 2014]
Strength:

None i haven t used them

Bought a pair of these XC6 pedals mounted them on my bike.
Wanted to adapt the spring tension & the plasic bolt just broke off.
Challenged the bike shop mechanic to do adjust the spring tension without damaging the bolt.
Ended up with getting my money back.

Loved the old time attack carbon pedals.
This however is just rubbish.
It does not deserve the one chili.
A point of advice to Time mount a decent bolt for spring tension or remove them

Similar Products Used: SPD 520, 540, XTR, Crankbrothers, Time atack carbon
icycle   [Jun 19, 2014]
Strength:

Famous ATAC float.

Materials and quality.

I've used Time ATAC pedals for 15 years. All of my previous sets of Time ATACs are worn but still usable, with the exception of these XC 6 pedals which are unusable after the FIRST ride. The cleat retention bar bent so badly I can't clip in anymore. They must be making the bars out of much cheaper material now to cut costs and increase revenue. Dumb move. If that weren't enough, other reviews here say the spring retention pins fall out. So if you're lucky enough not to bend the parts, they'll just fall apart. Stay away. I've contacted Time US support, will see how it goes. I DON'T want a replacement XC 6 and told them that.

KSaint99   Cross Country Rider [Apr 26, 2014]
Strength:

Light enough to throw them across the shop after you take them off.

WEAK

I have owned and love Time pedals for years. These are just not up to snuff. The entire right pedal essentially disintegrated after the third ride. The pin on the left pedal was just about out by the time I limped the bike out of the woods.

Don't buy these.

Similar Products Used: Time Alium, Time Atac XS
Rollin'in'Zona   [Feb 12, 2014]
Strength:

one, since they're so fragile

So fragile they break.

I've used and LOVED time ATAC pedals for years on AM and FR bikes.

But these XC pedals failed miserably on my light XC bike! The "dual-arch" snapped clean off in the middle of a long ride. To be clear, these are on my lightweight xc bike - Pivot Mach 4 - not even an AM setup. I have a bike for that. This bike is "light duty"

What's worse is that the dual-arch for the XC pedals is not available ANYWHERE in the US!!!

In my search for replacement parts I've come across several really negative reviews on European websites - all either broken arches or pins falling out. Clearly this is a HORRIBLE design. I'm really disappointing in Time.

Robert Millet   Racer [Oct 13, 2013]
Strength:

Light weight, fantastic feel (float) while riding, easy in/out with no accidental unclipping.

Plastic body.

Don't buy these. I like the float feeling found with Time pedals, but I will be seeking warranty and get another model to replace these. I got 1000 trouble free miles on pavement breaking in my new hard tail xc race bike. Within first 50 miles off road....problem. The press fit pin that runs through the clip wire and spring works its way out every 5 miles or so. I must routinely press the pin in before it works its way far enough out that I start unclipping.....I see now pins in the other pedal walking outboard as well. My feeling is, the plastic body is too soft for a press fitting of the pin shaft. Maybe the carbon version is better, I dunno........this is crap though. I emailed Time, hopefully they will re-design.....these feel FANTASTIC, but are useless long term.

Similar Products Used: Time Downhill/mx model.