Time ATAC TITAN Carbon Pedal

ATAC TITAN Carbon

TIME ATAC TITAN Carbon

Fractured pixel   Cross Country Rider [Feb 16, 2009]
Strength:

easy to use
durability
they do not jam up when in mud

old really really old

I have used these peddles for over 10 years and they still work great. they look beat up but the functionality is still flawless.

the price is a guess as they came stock on my bike. I think they were pretty pricy back in the late 90s know you can probly pick up a pair cheep if you can find them.

Similar Products Used: nashbar SPD knock offs
Dave G.   Cross Country Rider [Oct 11, 2008]
Strength:

Incredibly durable and reliable. Bearings are butter smooth and free of play after about 7 years of use. Always engages and has enough float for your knee. Not ridiculously small like some pedals that might be lighter. You can actually pedal this one disengaged in a pinch.

It's not the most inexpensive pedal. Another weakness would be that they don't make it anymore haha.

These pedals have been so good to me over the years I don't think I'd have the heart to upgrade to newer models when I get a new bike. I've done everything from races in college to hours of trail riding and they've always been there for me. It's beyond me how they still spin so smoothly with no play after 7 years. That, and all the rocks I've smashed them into which hasn't seemed to faze the carbon body. If you can find a set used or new go ahead and grab them because these are classics.

Similar Products Used: Too long ago to be worth mentioning at this point.
marty   Cross Country Rider [Jul 05, 2003]
Strength:

absolutely solid feeling clipped in,no untimely disengagement,hops,jumps,etc...unlike shimanos

profile of pedal is more condusive to bashing on rocks in 6:00 o,clock position....

not for newbies.if you are done with accidntally clipping out,this is the ticket.oh yeah,sloppy conditons are not an issue.highly reccomended!

Similar Products Used: all the shimanos,and a long time ago onzas.remember those,YIKES!!!!!!!!
Taryn   Cross Country Rider [Jun 30, 2003]
Strength:

wide platform, very easy to get in and out of! Also there is no adjusting. perfect!

NONE

My first set of clipless pedals were easy to get into but I had alot of here and there problems with exiting. At first, I just thought that I would always have problems with clipless, and I got very discouraged. Then I caved in and bought new pedals. After alot of research, I chose the Times and I am so glad that I did!!! These things are a cinch to work. And with my new found confidence, I am trying more and more technical terrain without fear of getting stuck in the pedals at the last second when I need to be getting out of them. Another awesome thing is that no adjustments mean you spend more time riding the trails then making sure the pedals work right. 5 CHILIS!!!

Oh yeah go to ebay.com...i got my Time's brand spanking new from 02bikes for 79 bucks...great seller.

Similar Products Used: wellgo m-9 (stock on k2 Zed)
Dan Sloan   Weekend Warrior [May 25, 2003]
Strength:

Shed mud, easy in & out

Plastic covers pop off but pedals still work

Im big and have bad knees. the frogs were good but hard to tell if you were really clipped in and the cleats were way too complicated. with the atacs No problems. I think the people who are having problems clipping out might have a too flexible shoe sole. I had similar problems with spds untill I switched to a harder soled shoe(Sidi dominator) Bottom line .Ive beat the crap out of these pedals and the only thing that has broken is the plastic cover on 1

Similar Products Used: spd, frogs
sean   Racer [Mar 31, 2004]
Strength:

this is for the new 2004 pedals with new composite body type. lighter than previous years and less lateral float.

I broke the left on in half making it all but unridable on my first ride with them just about a half hour into it. Very,very fragile compared to old body type that never failed.

these things are crap compared to the originals that always worked and never cracked or gave me problems. thank god i still have my old ones, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I am bummed that these failed so easily and that i am bashing Time, but I was really disappointed in these 2004 models. Hope they work for everyone else if not stay with the old body style,still the best pedal i have ridden!

Similar Products Used: old times for past five years, they are still the best
Albert   Cross Country Rider [Dec 08, 2001]
Strength:

Consistent release and entry. Works well in all conditions. Holds shoe firmly to pedal and has a large, stable contact area to show. Low maintenance.

Longer period to get used to release point.

Far and away the best pedal I've used. It is consistent in its release and entry characteristics. It is very easy to get into them and they hold the show firmly with no rocking. The large contact area with the shoe allows you to pedal harder and more confidently. Initially they are scary because they take a greater amount of pivoting to release but you will definitely get used to them and won't have any problems after a few rides. You also don't have to worry about the right tension, tension screws falling out, changing performance in changing conditions. These pedals just do what you want them to do. One of the best MTB products I have tried or purchased.

Similar Products Used: Richey Logic, various Shimano SPDs, various Look road pedals
Ron Braden   Racer [Mar 15, 2002]
Strength:

The best pedal on the planet....Period!

These are the best out there for any type of riding.
They shed mud and snow perfectly....You can always get in and out of them FAST and EASILY. I even put the Ti's on my road bike because I got tired of not being able to walk with (road) pedals, and it took me 20 minutes one time to get back into my Speedplay's while riding over a mtn pass in the snow. They have enough float to save your knees, but not too much. They last forever! I have busted the plastic covers off exposing the springs and they still work the same day in and day out. I have never had to rebuild or replace a pedal. The cleats do wear out over time. I replace mine every season, but also put a ton of miles on them and don't want to pop out unless I'm coming off the bike. If you endo, you will come out. I test this function at least once or twice a season to make sure they still work :) Oh yeah, if you ride a lot in an arid climate, they do need a little lube or will squeak a bit.
That's the only maintenance I ever do on them.

Similar Products Used: Everything from Shimano to Speedplay
Robert   Cross Country Rider [Mar 13, 2002]
Strength:

Great entry and release. Positive feel. Kill SPDs.

Bearings

Cartridge bearings fail under lateral loads. This is why Time placed the bearings as close to the crank arms as possible and you thus need an allen wrench to install and remove them. The problem is when you rest you bike in the pedal, on it side. I keep ruining the bearings on the left pedal. I don't drop it or abuse it, but I need bearings about every 6 months. Otherwise this is a great product. Great in mud, positive feeling and take rock bashing well.

Similar Products Used: 747, 636...
Steven Johnson   [Mar 01, 2004]
Strength:

fairly light, strong, easy in-out, mud and snow pedals.

difficult to rebuild, crank bros candy ti are lighter.

Great muck pedals. Stout rock stabbers. They were the best when I bought them. Removal of the outer bushing requires tech skills and ingenuity. Pedal has not evolved in 2 years so the Candy Ti has left them behind. I'll rebuild these until the spindle is worn beyond acceptable tolerances and then s**t can them for another set of Candy Ti's like I have on my commuter bike. There isn't anything that the Times do better than the Bros and they weigh more.

Similar Products Used: onza, shimano, Crank bros.