Syncros AM Traverse Pedal

AM Traverse

• syncros' first clipless pedal is available in two cleat configurations and two colors
  • Adjustable spring tension
  • Mud-shedding design
  • Nylon + carbon fiber body
  • Bearings: loose ball with pre-burnished races
  • 320g (pair)

• User Reviews (2)

xnofriendsx   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2010]
    Strength:

Light at 320g for clipless with sort of platforms. Seem strong... so far. They look nice in black.

Frickin impossible to click in and out. My Shimano clipless at the hardest setting are like half of what these suckers take to click in and out. Am i doing something wrong here??? It shouldn't take 50 attempts halfway down a trail looking at my feet every second.

Just used them once so far, but super bummed so far. I will give them a few more tries and maybe update this, but i will have to see. Not sure why these are just nearly impossible to click in and out. Maybe i need a shim, but they didn't come with any. I am going to try my older Shimano SPD cleats in them since they were worn in and see if there is a difference. The pedals look nice and are decently light for what you get, but just not too happy so far. Near crashes from not being able to click out... or in... are not my thing.

Similar Products Used: Shimano PDM545
    OVERALL
    ErnieL   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2009]
    Strength:

Light for an all mountain pedal at 320grams / pair, Easy to get it and out. Compatible with Shimano/Exustar cleats, Nice bearing feel (so far), Looks good on my bike

Feels loose free play side to side a bit large, Plastic pedals gets scratches after 1 ride.

At first glance I wanted the Syncros pedals right away. It really looks good and plus I have Syncros components installed all over my bike.

The specs are good making it 5 grams lighter than the shimano XTR pedals. A plus in my book. It also makes pedaling easy using ordinary shoes to go around the block.

So far I like the feel and even if there is a large side to side play I don't feel it when riding - plus because of this play it is easier to get out of the pedals. A few more months of riding should tell if the pedals will stand up to my abuse test.