Sunline V1 Pedal

Sunline V1 Pedal: Concave machined body with traction pyramids for extra grip with or without pins. Large machined chromoly spindle with sealed ball and needle bearings for smooth feel. Includes 10 extra replacement pins.

Toby   All Mountain Rider [May 19, 2012]
Strength:

Beefy, they grip like a MOFO!! smooth action

Watch out for your shins!!

amazing pedals

2wheelrevolution   Downhiller [Jun 10, 2011]
Strength:

Grippy, eye-catching looks

Heavy, thick, traction teeth and material not durable

I'm disappointed in the V-1. Every time I catch a rock the material deforms. Pins come loose or snap easily. 580 grams is on the heavy side. You'd think that would at least make the pedal more durable but that's not the case. Not worth the list price. If you ride somewhere with less rocks and weight doesn't matter, they'll be a good pedal. Grip isn't an issue.

ErroneousBee   Weekend Warrior [Jun 07, 2011]
Strength:

Big, grippy, robust, sealed bearings.

Possibly even a bit too grippy.

Solid grippy platform that keeps the weather out.

Similar Products Used: Mallets, DMR V8
bmxking45   Weekend Warrior [Jan 20, 2011]
Strength:

Wow these things have that GI JOE Kung-Fu grip!

Shin Grating prowess

When these things are used in conjunction with five ten shoes you might as well be clipped in!! These are by far the grippiest pedals I have ever used!! You do not want to slip these pedals however because I couldnt even imagine what your shins would look like after that catastrophe! Not that they can even be slipped in the first place. These things also have sealed bearings so they should last quite some time with little to no maintenance! If I ever see these things again on chain love I will probably order a couple of pairs because they are that good. Pretty nice looking too with excellent craftsmanship! The pedals do come with replaceable pins too. I have however hit some rocks when pedaling with these which in turned pulled out the pins and the threads came along and I can therefor not put a replacement pin in that spot.

Awesome pedal that I would highly recommend especially if you happen to get lucky and score them on chainlove for dirt cheap!

Similar Products Used: Primo Meat Tenderizers (BMX pedal)
crimecrusher   Cross Country Rider [Nov 03, 2010]
Strength:

Strong, grip well, good design

none yet.

Best platform pedals for MTB. Other pedals have pins only and once they get bent or break off you can't replace them most of the time. These pedals have casted spikes to protect the pins so they don't break off and even if they wear down, the casted spikes hold you solid. Rairly slip off and bust my shins. Have used many other products that are cheaper and in the same price range...spend the $100 bucks and you be glad you did.

Similar Products Used: Azonic platforms of different kinds
MongoFlight   Cross Country Rider [Mar 02, 2010]
Strength:

Everything

no such thing here

Great product and worth every penny. Today I picked up the pedals and bars and knew as soon as the first turn finished on the cranks that it was money well spent. I wear a size 13 shoe and they are more than sufficient support and traction.

Fatman   Cross Country Rider [Nov 14, 2009]
Strength:

1.not clipless 2. everything else

First, after 16 years of clipless pedals (Shimano XT, XTR, Time, Frog): I went back to these platform pedals and couldn't be happier. No subconcious fears when things get technical or some astigmatic loony behind a steering wheel is trying to take your life. I feel free again. And you don't loose so much power anyway; well, you can't pull, but you can do anything else down, front, behindwise; and in situations, in which you have to pull to get uphill, I used to go unclicked, anyway (two times chain suck when going very slowly uphill in low gear, nearly fell on the face each time).
Second: very solid product. And the pins have the right length, too (Easton are a bit longer). I'll never get something else. again. Very recommended.

Similar Products Used: Easton Flatboys, Shimano XT,
i ride dh mtb   Downhiller [Feb 17, 2008]
Strength:

nice worth the money, looks il, light! gripy, STRONG

too grippy at times and doesnt come in root beer

buy them look dope, good price worth every penny!

Similar Products Used: crank bros
Kierin Brogan   Weekend Warrior [Feb 05, 2008]
Strength:

GRIP, GRIP, GRIP! Awesome looks, incredibly smooth bearings, just feels like a quality product.

Absolutely none.

After getting fed up with V8's going slack after a fairly short amount of time (no matter how much I greased them up!) I decided it was time to splash a bit more cash and get some decent pedals. I considered lots of options and when I went to pick up my new bike I saw these on the shelves and they looked sweet. They just scream quality in they way they are machined, and the arrangement of the pins shows a lot of thought went into the design. The axels spin beautifully with absolutely no play whatsoever. I was sold and have been out on several rides since. Paired up with my Adidas Berms I haven't known grip like it since my days of SPD's. They've already been smashed off a few rocks and have very little in the way of scratches to show for it. So far very impressed....