Specialized LO Pro Mag 2 Pedal

• 4-bearing design
  • Adjustable spin resistance
  • Low profile Magnesium pedal body
  • New oversized heat treated Cr-Mo spindle
  • Concave body for superior grip

dmoneylovesyou1   [Aug 18, 2012]
Strength:

Tough, grippy, great pins.

time will tell. none yet.

Only a few hours usage so far... but one was down wnc's green's lick trail during a notably heavy rainstorm on a rigid single speed which i run with only 1 160mm disc brake mounted at the rear. No front brake on the bike. feet stayed securely planted off of jumps and over some nasty rocky patches all the way down the trail. Didn't lose any pins. Caked in mud but stayed very grippy. I ran the trail immediately after purchasing them so i don't know about longevity as of yet on the pedals but so far i am very impressed. A killer pedal for sure.

bbell   Weekend Warrior [Jan 08, 2011]
Strength:

Super grippy, nice low profile is nice for bike with a low BB, easy to service, and no problems with them at all

nice BITE MARKS if you slip a pedal, but if you have that problem get some 5-10s

If you looking for great flats then these are the way to go. People that complain about these not lasting probly never serviced them.

Similar Products Used: MSH, truvativ hussefelt, shimano pd424 clip-ins
GirlEat'sDirt   Cross Country Rider [Mar 24, 2010]
Strength:

Weigh Nothing! Iv'e used alot of different pedals and these are by far the lightest Platform pedal you'll probably find for the money. The loncave body along with the Low profile design gives you awesome connection/traction/feel. Spindle, bearings...it's all good. Period.

None. Go out and get a pair, you'll see what I mean.

If your ride platforms, want something that doesn't add weight and can take alot of abuse, get em.

Similar Products Used: Some Crank Brothers compare, but not for the $$$
luisberi   Downhiller [Feb 15, 2010]
Strength:

Well...

bearings, not so much grip

well, these pedals were kind of a disappointment... in one year they destroyed 2 pares of the internal bearings... before i had Shimano´s DX who lasted 5 years, riding it almost every day... so, i put the old Shimano´s DX back on, they are a litte loose, but still work great! and they have better grip!
(when i bought my new demo, i sold the pedals imediatly!)

buy anything else, these will give you problems...

Similar Products Used: Shimano DX
Biohazard74   Weekend Warrior [Sep 28, 2009]
Strength:

"VERY" good grip !! My feet came off on one occasion on a 4hr ride. I blame myself for that tho. They are light. And the color matched my bike

Great grip, but when it does slip. You pay dearly. The Allen head bolt-style traction pins are very grippy on shoe rubber so imagine them on the back of your calf. But i think its a small price to pay for good gripping platforms. Also the screw that keeps the pedals on should be checked after long rides as mine came loose after about 8 hrs of use.

I think they are good pedals but definately not $80 pedals. I think they are the best gripping platform pedals around as long as you constantly service them and maintain them.

Similar Products Used: Wellgo LU-313 Pedals
criticalw88   Cross Country Rider [May 19, 2009]
Strength:

Very tough, excellent footwear bite, replaceable "teeth", excellent choice of material (Mg and chromoly axles)

Night and day stronger than the stock plastic pedals which I blew out after a couple days. I shouldnt be surprised since in full riding gear I am pushing 280#. Anyway, these things bite into hard rubber issues combat boots even though the waffle was super-caked. I have never slipped off. "I bought these so I would never have to replace them" - my rule for parts replacements for a dooms-day bike.

Similar Products Used: OEM platic pedals
NZSpokes   Weekend Warrior [Mar 13, 2009]
Strength:

Feels great under your feet. Nice shape.

After a year the bearings came loose. I tried to remove the bolts holding the body on to the axle. The axle snapped!! Rubbish quality.......

Dont bother, feel great but just dont last.

Similar Products Used: Wellgos ect
TrailMan   Cross Country Rider [Feb 27, 2009]
Strength:

Three bearings plus bushings,fairly light weight,low profile,good foot traction.

Spin resistance adjustment

The product description says these pedals have adjustable spin resistance. I have run them for 2 seasons and the bearings are showing a fair amount of play so this winter while working on the enduro I disassembled the pedals cleaned them and re-packed them with grease. Next I decided to adjust the spin resistance to hopefully remove some of the play in the bearings. I couldn't find the spin resistance adjustment so I contacted Specialized customer service. They replied that the spin resistance adjustment consists of removing the O-ring on the spindle shaft to allow the pedals to spin freely or replacing it so the pedal would not spin without pressure applied. I don't think that this qualifies as adjustable spin resistance. I decided to purchase these pedals partly because of the spin resistance adjustment, so I could adjust them as they wear. But this is not the case. I am posting this to inform future purchasers of this lack of adjustment and let them decide.

Similar Products Used: Cheapo Platforms
ep1nephr1ne   Cross Country Rider [Feb 22, 2009]
Strength:

Awsome grip, pedals seemed to attract my feet. I didn't lose any shin on slips. they took some good beating from rocks as well. pedals are thin profile, lets me get the seat that half an inch lower. also seemed like they were allways in the horozontal position when i needed them there.

Mud, The thick mud of eairly spring seems to cake onto the pedal. Not a major concern I guess it didn't affect the gripping power. after reading other review it's gotta be the concave design

GREAT PEDAL! wouldn't hesitate to buy another set.