Rockwerks Richtey Logic Clones Pedal

Richtey Logic Clones

Rockwerks Richtey Logic Clones

Brian   Cross Country Rider [Sep 23, 2005]
Strength:

Works as it should, no surprises no unwanted release easy in and out.

Price

Black paint scuffs easy and blemishes looks.

These were very inexpensive and have worked better than pedals I paid way more money for, the Bebops and Time pedals come to mind.

Not the lightest or best performing (I think Shimano can't be beat for function) but excellent none the less. Still going strong after 4 years of use and I have never touched the bearings.

It should be noted that I am fairly meticulous about the mantainence of pedals. I believe it is important to keep the retention mechanism clean and properly lubricated to prevent rust and ensure proper function and longevity.

Similar Products Used: Bebop (terrible but very light)
Time (Worked good but broke)
The original Ritchey Logic Pro (Ok, but entry was a little tough
Low end Shimano (Very heavy but excellent performance)
smokey strodtman   Cross Country Rider [Feb 02, 2002]

this is a follow-up to my earlier review. i've had the rockwerkes pedals for more than 2 years now, and they are still performing well. the only maintenance i've done is to
clean them off once in a while and put a little lube on the pivots. i did get some new cleats last year; i found shimanos on sale for $10. this is another good point, some of the more expensive pedals' replacement cleats cost $25-$30. i bought a lemond poprad cyclocross bike last year that
came stock with shimano 515s. the rockwerkes pedals perform just as well as the 515s and weigh less. they are also easier to release from than my times. that's probably the main reason they have become my favorite pedal. the times are a better mud pedal, however. i've seen these pedals on sale for $30 or less. i think anyone thinking about going clipless should consider them. they are a good pedal and if you decide clipless is not for you, you haven't spent a lot of money.

Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Apr 22, 2003]
Strength:

Easy clip-in and -out, nice stable platform, no fuss maintenance, compatible with SPD cleats

A wee bit heavy

I actually own the original Ritchey Logics, and they're probably close to 8 years old now, but still work perfectly.

My new bike came with the Shimano 515s, and after a few months on them, trying vainly to break them in and adjust them to a comfortable tension, I just gave up and remounted my Ritcheys.

Compared to the Shims, these pedals are a cinch to clip into, and more importantly, on the technical singletracks I like, way easier to clip out of. In all the years I owned the Ritcheys, I had maybe one or two falls I wasn't able to clip out of in time. With the 515s, I had about 10 on my second ride, and it sure sucks to have those bruises and cuts.

Sure they aren't the prettiest or lightest pedals on the market, but for the price and the age of the design, this pedal still rawks. I've never had problems with mud (even while living on the west coast) and never had a maintenance issue. I'm glad that Rockwerks resurrected the pedal and with that low price these days, how can anyone not afford it?

Probably will eventually switch to egg beaters later, but for the time being, these still do the job perfectly.

Similar Products Used: Various Shimano clipless
smokey strodtman   Cross Country Rider [Sep 09, 2000]
Strength:

economical, easy to clip out of, adjustable, fairly light weight, durable. great beginner's pedal.

unclips too easy sometimes when hopping back wheel.

these were my first clipless pedals. i used them for several months, then went to time ATACs after knee surgery. everyone said i would need the extra float. i got hung up in the time's when i bailed off in a deep rut and couldn't get unclipped, ended up with a fractured tibia. up until this time, i had good luck with them, had the speedgoat shaved cleats. needless to say, i was a little gunshy when i started riding again, got some primo platforms(a great pedal in its' own right). used them for real technical stuff, then one day noticed my old rockwerkes pedals on the shelf. dusted them off and re-installed them and remembered how easy it was to get out of them. i've gone back to using them more than the time's. the ATACs are said to be a superior mud pedal, but i generally use my platforms when i'm in the muck. other times, i'm using the rockwerkes and getting along great with them. their biggest weakness is a tendency to unclip when bunnyhopping, but i'm not very good at that anyway. bottom line, this are a good pedal at a great price, and a good choice for recreational riders. by the way, i haven't given up on my ATACs, they have their good qualities, too.

Similar Products Used: toe straps, time ATAC aliums, primo platforms.
Clint   Weekend Warrior [Aug 22, 2000]
Strength:

extremely durable, inexpensive

none yet

These are the first clipless pedals I have used. I had a few problems with unwanted releasing but turned the adjustment screw to full tight and used White lightning lube to keep mud off them and this solved the problem. I received these pedals free when I purchaced shoes at a shop in Colorado. As far as I know the cost of these new are around thirty bucks. I would recomend these pedals to anyone who wants to go clipless. Keep the pedals clean and enjoy!

Similar Products Used: none
drewski luv   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 17, 1999]
Strength:

tough, inexpensive, smoooooth.

no mud clearance

I paid only 35 smackers for these pedals. These pedals are a hell of a lot smoother and more solid feeling than Shim 535's at way waaaaay less the moula. No problems even though the finish is beat to hell, (my fault). I usually spray a little triflow on the cleats and pedals on nasty rides. This helps keep the mud out.

Similar Products Used: toe clips
Brian   Cross Country Rider [Jun 16, 2001]
Strength:

Lightweight, works

Doesn't clip out as quickly as I need it to. Cheap

Gret pedal, cheap, fairly lightweight. For 20 bucks, it's a great deal. I'll probably get the speedplay's when these break.

Similar Products Used: Toe Clips
Luis Rodriguez   Cross Country Rider [Jan 06, 2004]
Strength:

Price, probably the weight

Doesn't clip out & clip in as quickly as I need it to

Do your self a favor stay on the shimano's or try an other brand... cheap things on long term are a lot expensive.
With this pedals you will be condemned to be on the ground

Similar Products Used: Shimano 515
Glenn Vernes   [Oct 30, 2002]
Strength:

Easy entry/exit, cheap

These pedals work for me. They are easy to get out of. They can sometimes in fact be too easy (unintentional ejection), but it's better than ruining yourself because you couldn't get out. Mine came with multi-relese cleats that allow release when pulling straight up (ie. bunnyhopping). I switched to cleats that allow only side release (ie. twisting the foot) and am very happy with the combination. Mine are 3 years old and worn out, but still release fine. You can also rebuild the bearings and release mechanism on them.