Ritchey WCS Paradigm Mountain Pedal

• Outer Bearing: Sealed Cartridge
  • Float: 4 degrees

UncleRico 4   Cross Country Rider [Aug 24, 2015]

Weight, easily adjustable.

I have only good things so far, after about 6 rides.

I have been researching pedals for a very long time. All my riding buddies swear by shimano and I started off with SPD 520's and they worked very well. But, I could not get over how heavy they were. So, I spent way too much time researching pedals. I finally settled on these. These are lighter AND cheaper than XTR's (unless you find a great sale). The richey pedal (IMO) performed very similar to the SPD 520. Actually, the only thing I liked more about the 520 is the "click" sound when adjusting them (and the 520's might be slightly easier to click into). With the WCS pedal, you have to count the turns when adjusting (instead of listening to the clicks).

Ok, enough of that. I rode with these on my driveway for a few mins, adjusted them a couple of times and then hit the trails. I find these pretty easy to get in/out of and were very "true" and consistent based on my adjustments. The platform is slightly smaller than the 520's but it's not an issue for me, I really don't notice when riding. For the price, weight and performance, I just don't know how you can do better. I looked at the eggbeaters 11 or 12 the really light ones......they were like 3x more $ and had a lot of bad reviews.

I think these are not very popular because it's a small brand that's probably known more for seat posts than pedals.