Race Face Aeffect Pedal

Race Face Aeffect Pedal

Thin platform, concave aluminum body with bottom-loading pins. Shorter spindle design shaves weight making it perfect for trail bikes while the chromoly axle and bottom loading hex traction pins ensure it can take abuse and perform double duty on your DH rig. Hidden grease access port allows for on bike maintenance.

[Apr 27, 2018]
dan l

Strength:

Pro's: -Pins are not threaded so they dig into the soles of your shoes well. -They aren't as wide as some pedals, so easier to sneak by rocks in tight spaces.

Con's: -Shaft seal is insufficient and allows water to enter the pedal and grease to exit. After 4-5 rides which is approx 80 miles for me, they squeak and need a tear down/relube. Shimano pedals can go 5 years and thousands of miles before needing a rebuild. -Race Face customer support is non existent. I've emailed them asking for tips on how to make these last longer than 5 rides between teardown's and have no response a week later. If you ride in a wet area and do multiple water crossings on your rides, you should probably avoid these pedals. If you ride in a dry area and never wash your bike with water then you may fare better than me.

Price Paid:
2018
OVERALL
[Nov 29, 2014]
Osco

Strength:

This pedal sticks to my Specialized 2F0 Flat shoes like Super glue.

If, No WHEN I fall I hope these pins don't snake bite my legs too bad.

I've been riding the Time atac pedals for a season now and they are great but I need to get off the pedals and back on without hunting for a fast clip in. I took a few rides on a $20 pair of Giant plastic flats for my test run being un-clipped.
I found it to be much better for me but tennis shoes and plastic pins had just so so grip.

This Race Face Aeffect Flat pedal solved my traction Issue, this I am sure of after only ONE ride.
Mated with the Specialized 2FO flat shoe I could jump on and off with no thought or concern for traction.

I did remove each pin and added a washer (washers Included) to lower the pin height, still plenty of grab.
They feel great and are a bit lighter than my Atac's.
I did notice the pedal platform inside edge is about a half inch closer to the crank arm due to the design but when ridingIt felt perfect, fitted would be a good description.

I like em !