Point One Podium Pedal

The Podium pedal was developed for one reason, to make you faster. We analyzed everything that was on the market and started with a clean slate to completely re-invent the pedal. The Podium pedal was designed around three man elements; strength to weight, reliability and ground clearance. The thinness of the pedals lowers your center of gravity for increased stability and better cornering, brings you closer to the axis of rotation for a more effective pedal stroke and increases your ground clearance so you are less likely to be obstructed by objects on the trail. All the elements necessary to help you get on to the podium. As with all our products the Podium pedal is hand crafted in the United States.

Soxx   [Feb 10, 2013]
Strength:

liked them while they lasted

broke and zero customer service

I like the pedal but always thought the small bearings were a design risk. Turns out I've had them blow out 3 times in 2 years. The last time was a couple of months ago and I've reached out to them half a dozen times for customer service and have never heard back...

jim   Weekend Warrior [Dec 18, 2011]
Strength:

thin ,super quality,looks,

these pedals are the best

Similar Products Used: crankbrothers 50/50
Freeride777   Downhiller [May 28, 2011]
Strength:

flat platform, low profile, strong leading edge to prevent destruction on rock clipping, strong axles, minimalist design no fuss or bling

price ? two colors available only

low profile
flat large platform
grippy as hell
strong/tough

love them.....that's it, that's all !!

Similar Products Used: many many different pedals, 5050, straitline, twenty6
stumblemumble   Weekend Warrior [May 17, 2011]
Strength:

Same as everyone else says
Supporting a quality upstart company
Made in the USA

Pedal body has come off axle.

Great pedals and I have full confidence in PointOne fixing the problem. After a year a pedal body slid off the axle, the only thing holding the pedal together now is that 3mm allen at the end of the axle.
Time will tell if it's a flawed design, but I've only heard of one other person having this happen.
They still get 5 chillis for now, and mine are off for repair. I'll drop it if PointOne drops the ball on service.

daisycutter   Downhiller [Apr 03, 2011]
Strength:

The pedal is just amazing. They are flat, light,wide and grippy and yet handles rock strikes and wet weather well. The bearings are top notch. I still feel they are not broken in all the way yet.

They are not cheap

Great pedal with no issues other then they are no cheap.

Similar Products Used: Syncros and nyc greedier good pedals but do not have the mix of durability and lightness
Iwan   Weekend Warrior [Mar 05, 2011]
Strength:

Light for what it is
Low Profile
Good Grip
Big platform

A bit $$$

I like these. For outright grip only Straitlines have been better so far, but its not like I have an issue with the amount of grip these offer.

The bigger platform in combination with the pins give more than enough grip and the thin profile means less rock strikes and bangs. They come with extra pins and the correct size allen key. Nice touch.

MUCH better than 5050's. Thinner, wider, flatter than DMR's. Thinner, lighter than Straitline

Similar Products Used: Supserstar Components Mag Ti
CB 5050XX
DMR V12
Straitline
venture   Cross Country Rider [Jan 11, 2011]
Strength:

Amazingly Light
Very Low Profile
Great Grip
Wide Platform

None So Far

I am new to platform pedals - I have been using clip-in pedals (Crank Brothers Mallets mainly) for many many years...

I am starting to play around with DJ and Pump Track riding - I had been playing around on my Nomad, but eventually I needed a more appropriate bike for the task...

I can't say I am an expert in platform pedals - as I said, I have been riding clipped-in for many years. I tried the Crank Brothers 50/50 and I thought there was no way I would be able to ride platforms - my feet were coming off the pedals all the time. Then I tried the Point1 Podiums and it's night-n-day different - the Podiums are awesome, the grip is amazing - I forgot that I was not clipped-in.