Kore Platform Pedals Pedal

• Adjustable pins
  • Anti freespin O'ring
  • Available in black
  • Available in 9/16"
  • Platform is 4" x 4 1/4"

• User Reviews (25)

Tom Weaver   [Sep 08, 2014]
    Strength:

They match each other

Went for my first bike path ride on my Schwinn 411-2. The right pedal started to grind occasionally then it popped and creaked. Brand new bike and the pedal failed.

Once I got home, I spun the pedal with my finger. It would spin then stop suddenly. The internal bearings grind about every 5th revolution.

Failed

Mung the tard   [Mar 30, 2013]
    Strength:

Love the style and bulky pedals , very grippy even for reef sandals, I do miss the ones from 2007 much bigger bring those back please

None love the kore name and product

After 6 years I finally beat the bearings up , and broke down to get another pair , to find out the ones I have are no longer sold 2007 big bulky kore pedals ,,, bring back that 2007 style ,,,, great product,,, do ur self a favor ,,, and try them before u read any negative comments those riders must be used to clickers ???

ognee   Weekend Warrior [Feb 29, 2012]
    Strength:

Take a beating. Who needs clip ons? Your shoe sticks like glue.

Maybe a little thick, but that is a monor complaint.

If you want to go platforms, this is the pedal. I've tried many, but I think my pedal of choice will continue to be Kore.

Similar Products Used: Lots
    wayne martinez   Cross Country Rider [Jun 20, 2003]
    Strength:

grip and stability, not locked in

bearings

these guys grip so well I've given up my eggbeaters. the staility and non-locked in feel makes me wonder why anyone not racing would use clipless. BUT, after only 6 months a dust cap was AOL and the bearings on the right pedal were worn out. this comes after less than 200 miles of riding the neighborhood roads at a 2 mph crawl with my fat dog, a 35 mile ride into Denali Park on an excellent dirt road and one 38 mile ride on Ressurrection Trail. These where sent to ProNet for warrenty repair. I was told this was not covered by the warrenty. To their credit ProNet repaired them- no charge. Thanks Clint. All within a week. With that kind of service you will keep customers buying your products year after year. BUT, if the bearings go out in 6 months I do believe I'll look elsewhere. Thanks again

Similar Products Used: old xt platform, bearclaw
    Wheat   Cross Country Rider [Oct 24, 2001]
    Strength:

Sticks to your foot...

I had to replace bearings after 6 months...That could have been my fault...but getting replacement parts is a hassle. It took me 10 phone calls. when I finally got through the response was weak. I'm trying to get a spare set now and there doesn't seem to be anyone home at Kore.

Great Pedal
    Customer Service sucks.
    If I could get parts, I would give 5 flamin chilis, but as it stands, I'm going to buy some pedals that I can get parts for.

SAUCD   Cross Country Rider [Jul 10, 2001]
    Strength:

like a young succubus out on a first date

no shinburgers yet, just claw marks on the back of my calvs

feet stay where I put them, on a hot summer day with some old vans I have to yank my shoes out of the pedals, I love the pedals to death, Im starting to like the scars on my calvs too, chicks always ask "whaaaaat happened" I lie and tell them about my ex girlfriend.

Similar Products Used: red line platform
    Tommy   Weekend Warrior [Nov 16, 2000]
    Strength:

The pedal sticks to your foot, even when wet. It seems to be a tough, bombproof product....quality in every way.

If you don't want to mess with clipless pedals, these are for you....top quality. They stick to your feet. I have climbed hills that I couldn't climb before. It's almost like you are clipped in. I can bail out on the tricky sections easily. I bought some Shimano flats on sale at Performance that work well with the pedals.

Similar Products Used: Time Atacs
    Marc   Racer [Aug 05, 2000]
    Strength:

Size
    Sexy
    Nice pins

high price
    killer when it contacts your shins or other body parts

NICE pedals
    Seeing as i hate Clipless (deathtrap) pedals, and i ride REALLY hard, I wanted a platform pedal that would stand up to the test, i was looking at two in general The Kore platform, and the Easton Cully Platform. I decided to go with kore because it was a new product, and i like to be on the cutting edge of products. These are the best pedals i have tried yet, they grip to anything, i suggest to get a pair of vans to use with these pedals, the are so great, anyone looking for a platform pedal this is definatley the one to get! AWESOME COVERAGE!

Similar Products Used: Ringle ZuZu's
    Welgo
    Mongoose platforms
    ACM (Anti Clipless movement) I dont like traveling in a death trap with no exit at 40 mph, clipless is not for me.
    Majordude   Weekend Warrior [Apr 29, 2000]
    Strength:

Fat and Sticky!

Cost ($110.00 from Performance)

After nearly killing myself two times with the stock CODA clipless pedals I searched for a pedal with a trap. I found a cheap pair (not just inexpensive at $16.00, but shoddy) at the local JAX bike shop but my heel kept banging into the pedal arm. I bought these pedals based on recommendations from this forum and let me tell you... these things ROCK! My feet stick to the pedals (as if they were attached to clipless) and they are wide so that my fat feet fit! I can bail at anytime so I don't think about death anymore. These pedals are hard to find and are pricey -- but are worth every dime.

Jeff Savage   Racer [Mar 09, 2000]
    Strength:

Lightweight for a platform. Sticky. Built tough. Sealed bearings. Large platform for more stability. Look nice.

None so far. The only thing that freaks me out are those nice pins, which keep your feet stuck like glue, are needle sharp. One of these days I will probably feel their wrath!

Since I don't like clipless, finding the right platform pedals are of paramount importance to me. After many tries, I bought these. They are by far the most superior BMX style I have found yet. If you wear flat soled shoes, like Vans or Sketchers, your feet will stick to these very good. I can torque down and hammer like crazy, and still have safety when riding in traffic. Great pedal. Too bad they cost so much, but I didn't have a problem becaue they do exactly what I want them to. I haven't dumped my bike yet since I bought these, or had them along time, so I can't say anything about the long term longetivity of them, but great so far... Kore has a great rep. for quality (My Kore stem has been perfect for 2 years now)