DMR Vault Pedal

Vault

At 115mm wide, 17mm thick, and 400g this pedal is a win. There are 11 pins per side, and you have the choice to run them long or short. The High load DU Bushing and Cartridge bearings make for a great feel that will last a long time.

Trudeez   All Mountain Rider [Oct 05, 2015]
Strength:

Large platform. Looks great. Mega grip. Light.

Axle and pedal body both very soft and weak. Pins are soft and come loose very easily

A friend and I both bought vaults on the same day, within one week we had three bent axles and missing 10 + pins. He bought the Lacondeguey pedal and I bought the silver with blue pins. I lost seven pins in the first two rides, and that's after tightening them when I noticed two had backed out. I bent one axle, Keith bent both axles. The pedal body is very soft and thin. I've bent two pin socket to the point where on one I could not thread a pin and on the other the pin with thread and so crooked it wouldn't do any good. Luckily the shop has 100% guarantee and traded them for Race Face Atlas and have never looked back. DMR are very poorly built pedals.

Similar Products Used: Race face atlas, shimano saint.
Matt   [Sep 21, 2012]
Strength:

big platform, well built, good bearings, grippy

3 pins come loose / fallen out

had these pedals 11 months riding mainly dirt jumps / 4x and bmx tracks on my Santacruz Jackal so no rock strikes or anything like that. two pins are loose and will not tighted as the thread in the pedal or on the pin has gone. and one pin is missing completely. That is my only complaint although quite a major on i think, other than that the pedal is very grippy, perhaps to much grip when wearing 5.10 shoes.

wrkgstiff   Weekend Warrior [Sep 07, 2012]
Strength:

Smooth operation.
Large, stable platform.
Great pin placement and durability. Lots of rock strikes and no mashed pins yet.

Price. These pedals are spendy but well worth it.

I purchased these pedals to go with my Fatback build and I'm glad I spent the money on these pedals. The big platform supports my feet very well. My entire sole is covered by the pedal. I wear size 12 and haven't had an issue. I have had more rock strikes with these pedals, but paying attention to your line can actually reduce that. I came from spd clipless and wouldn't go back for the world. My feet hardly ever get numb. Quick dabs are easier and starting from a stop is also easier. No fumbling around for the engagement. I have yet to get the bad shin bites, but I have been nipped. It will happen, but the overall stability, lack of foot pain and more comfortable shoes make all the difference in the world.

morebravo   Downhiller [Aug 14, 2011]
Strength:

Flatform Size, Weight, Pins, Colour Range

Pin Colour is taken off after 1 ride. Not really an issue but make me wonder why they went to the effort.

The bottom line is that them pedals work really well and I cannot honestly see myself returning the the Straitline Pedals anytime soon.
While they are not cheap I think that you get an amazingly robust product that should last the test of time.