DMR V-8 Pedal

DMR V-8 Pedal

The DMR V8 pedal features a double concave, parallelogram shapeThat provides excellent grip and control. V8 pedals are fitted with loose ball bearings and grease port and include V-lube syringe Item Specifications Material (Spindle) Steel PedalType Platform Weight 520 g Intended Use DH/Freeride Material Allo

[May 10, 2013]
crazee horse

Strength:

good looking, very grippy with flat soled shoes

heavy, not enough grease in syringe, my latest set seemed gritty...........

am currently on my third pair, and unfortunatley im least happy with these. the bearings seem very gritty, even after id pumped them full of grease, to the point where it came out the seals. (had to buy another tube of grease) the paint is thick and glossy, and to chip it off you need to hit something pretty hard. overall ive been impressed with these in the past but it just seems quality has gone slighlty down hill with my last set. will go v12 magnesium next.

[Sep 02, 2012]
sy uk

Strength:

Very grippy ,

have to grease them yourself no big deal !

Wicked pedals , I got them in acid red look sweet , very grippy and reasonably priced !

[Jul 24, 2012]
Barheet

Strength:

Feet stick to pedals like glue, solid pedals, low price.

Need to be greased as soon as they are taken out of the box. No replacement pins included.

I wanted to get some new platform pedals for all my XC riding, but didn't want to spend $80+. So, I tried these out and loved them. My feet have not fallen off yet, even going downhill. If my feet ever do fall off, I'm going to have to head to the hospital for some stitches on my shins. I've tried 4 different shoes with these pedals and they've worked well with all of them. I'm not sure I have enough grease in them. A syringe of grease is included in the box. The instructions say to inject the grease until grease comes out near the base, but that never happened with my pedals. So I'll probably need to add more grease pretty soon.

[Jun 24, 2012]
jjmmagoo4

Strength:

Really easy to install. Greasing was simple. Really offers a good grip on street sneakers. Awesome price!

Still haven't figured out why the consumer needed to grease these? Couldn't they have done that at the factory??? Not enough grease.

Overall I am really happy with these pedals. I installed them on my 2012 Trek Mamba. I have big feet(size 13) and my feet feel really comfortable on these pedals. The old pedals I was constantly changing where my feet were on the pedal which made me focus on my footing not biking. Good price for these. I bought the white pedals which look really good on my Mamba.

[Aug 06, 2011]
maylath310

Strength:

Price point, easy to grease, some replaceable studs. Smooth bearings.

All the studs aren't replaceable. You can pull the pins and tap them if your really want, I don't think that's necessary.

Your feet stick to the pedals, I have used these with everything from running shoes to bmx shoes. I use them for daily commuting and XC/AM riding. There is a set screw in the pedal body to re-grease them which doesn't require you to even remove them from the crank. I cant complain about anything, the only thing i could suggest is to remove the replaceable studs and re-install them with Blue Loctite. I have lost all the rear outside corners. Probably a combination of rocks and just getting loose over time. If you don't want to spend a fortune on a set grab these, you wont regret it.

Welgo stock, Various cage type, Tioga MX pro

[May 17, 2011]
hags707

Strength:

Good grip, cost, works good, comes with greese

Lost center cap and can't order replacement, needs to be greesed out of box, needs bearing adjustments every now and then

Great peddle for the price, recommend

[Sep 20, 2010]
lew242

Strength:

Grippy, nice pin length, don't spin to fast, so good for jumping tricks. DMR marketing and logos are fashionable and stylish.

-The grease supplied with these pedals is insufficient. Pedals come dry and the grease has to be annoyingly injected into the pedal, even though the factory should have done this.

-The pins are a good quality and a very good length, but the non-removable pins are not grippy enough and the four removable pins are not tight enough when the pedal is delivered, pins are also not loctited from factory.

-Body quality is poor, paint chips off easily and when I removed the pins there were signs that the pedal body was beginning to thread, with pieces of metal in the pin threads.

-The metal inside ring and the plastic outer cap fall off or get out of position and the pedal fills up with mud and grease combo.

-Pedals are on the heavier side at 500g without grease.

I have to say I'm disappointed, as I've found DMR locdd grips and their Moto Digger and Moto RT tires to be really good.

I couldn't recommend these pedals unless you find them super cheap and you really can't have slippery pedals and are on a really tight budget. Much better to spend an extra $20 and find some good internal bearing type like Superstar Nano Tech or Wellgo MG1. Or even the extra on DMR V12, but I wouldn't bother, as the quality of these don't inspire me about the V12s.

Wellgo, Exlistar plus others

[Sep 03, 2010]
bfelper

Strength:

Cheap and will work fine for a recreational rider who is not serious about performance

quality control, one pedal was perfect the other the bearings where just barely passible

you get what you pay for,

[Apr 11, 2010]
dietz31684

Strength:

very sticky

none...went with the silver so no paint problems

These are the best pedal if you do not want to go clipless. The are very sticky with a pair of DC's. I have not had my foot slip off yet, which happened at least once a ride with my stock pedals. They will hurt bad when my foot does slip of...no doubt about it.

stock, clipless

[Mar 02, 2010]
DIRTY DUCK

Strength:

Good grip and platform surface

Bearing burnt up after 20 miles
PRICE POINT poor customer service

These are the worst pedals I have ever had. Worse than Walmart junk pedals. These pedals have grease fittings in them. Before use, I used the grease provided. After 20 miles they were binding and grinding. Upon disassembly I found burnt bearing and deteriated grease.They were either improperly assembled or weren't greased from the factory.
Returned them to PRICE POINT. **A note about PRICE POINT: It appears their customer service calls are routed to an off shore call facility(Indian?). I e-mailed twice, called 3 times before they finally put me through to someone here in the States. It took two weeks of aggravation to get my credit for the return. I doubt I'll be buying anything else from PRICE POINT. I dread the day I have a warranty issue with my bike I bought from them.

Giant mks bks flat pedals