Diamondback DB Sound Sealed Alloy Pedal

DB Sound Sealed Alloy

Sound Pedals (Alloy body)    * Black Aluminum body with silver spindle    * Replaceable traction pins     * Sealed bearings     * Chromoly axle; 9/16"    * Fits three-piece cranks&

SlickWilly8019   Cross Country Rider [Oct 15, 2012]
Strength:

Durable alloy, replaceable pins, sealed bearings.

Ball bearings are gritty and dont spin well before initial use, something you have to break in, this shouldn't be the case the parts that rotate should spin freely without friction. Kind of heavy at 500 grams (17.63 ounces) for the pair, being made of aluminum it should be lighter. You could remove the reflectors and knock off a couple grams, probably not worth it unless you are a weight weenie.

Only reason I have these on my Marlin is I had them on another bike and I wouldn't ever ride the Wellgo test pedals for anymore than a test ride. I've bashed these repeatedly on large rocks and they haven't yet broken, good for a starter pedal if you don't end up paying MSRP for them. I wouldn't consider these if you have other options at the time of shopping. The replaceable pins are indeed generic set screws.

OVERALL