Deity Skyskraper Pedal

Whether you are coming hot off a dirt jump or airing a rock section, serious riders are always striving to scrape the sky. The Deity Skyskraper Pedals feature a 4mm Concave pin design and 10 allen pins per side, for the kind of grip that is...

Mike   All Mountain Rider [Apr 21, 2014]
Strength:

Thin so you don't roll the pedal. Grippy as hell with the pins and shoes with 5.10 rubber. Look nice. They just work.

Kind of pricey. The pins loosen up and I lost one, but I put some loctite on them and problem solved.

I've used Specialized Lo Pro mag II and the Drillium Speedplay. The speedplays are too thick and contribute to rollover when spinning hard. The Lo Pros are nice. But thinness rules the day on platforms, and these are real thin. That plus good pins and you're there.

Ridden them 5 times now, in full-on rock gardens and root fests. Takes a bashing and keeps on mashing. Best pedals I've used. A little pricey (so get 4 chilis on the value), but all of the high-end platforms are that way, Lo pro and drillium included.

I'd buy them again.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Lo Pro Mag II
Speedplay Drillium
OVERALL
Jonathan.Brunet   Downhiller [Dec 10, 2013]
Strength:

Grip, lightweight, good looks, durable platform

Pins require a lot of maintenance

My Skyscrapers have taken a ton of rock strikes and they're still going strong. My only complaint is that I'm always having to look after the pins. They either snap very easily and have to be replaced, or they come loose and fall out while riding. I could Loc-Tite them in, and I could stop having pedal strikes and solve both problems. On a positive note, the pedal body has always survived the strikes and the grip is OUTSTANDING with a pair of 5-10s. On average, I lose/break 1 pin every ride.