Deity Decoy Pedal

Decoy

• super thin 17mm profile
  • incredibly light/minimal design
  • concave design for exceptional grip
  • du bushing and double micro sealed bearing system
  • extruded and cnc machined from 6061 T6 Aluminium
  • 10 Allen pins per side keep your feet glued
  • stepped Cr-mo axle
  • fully serviceabale without requiring removal from bike
  • rebuild kits available

• User Reviews (4)

endlesstrails   All Mountain Rider [Nov 24, 2012]
    Strength:

Light weight, positive traction.

Still looking; these perform as advertised.

The Decoys are my first foray into flat pedals. After surveying several brands, I narrowed my choices down to these and the nylon Deity Compounds. My primary concern was selecting a pedal that would do the most to keep me attached in mid-air. I settled on the Decoys for two reasons: First, they have a concave surface that the Compounds lack and, second, the pin placement seemed better to my inexperienced eye.

Now that I have some miles on them and know how to keep my foot planted, I am completely sold on flats in general. The Decoys have been an excellent pedal for the learning process and I don't have a single complaint about them.

In hindsight, and especially with the understanding of how important shoes are in this equation, I do wonder if the concave surface and pin placement really make as big of difference as I originally thought. With some sticky soled shoes, it could be that the cheaper Compounds would be just as good. That's the reason I'm giving four chilli's for the value. The Decoys cost twice as much as the Compounds. That being said, the Decoys are less than other brands of metal pedals and I can't imagine how the others could perform any better.

wonny   Downhiller [Aug 20, 2012]
    Strength:

grip, narrow profile, shape, durable, rebuildable

hard to find at lbs

Over the years, I used or demoed just about every platform pedal. To me the measure of pedal is based on grip, profile, size and durability. Based on these factors, the Deity Decoy is one of the best platform pedals on the market.

Grip- The Decoys have incredible grip due to the concave shape and well placed set screw pins.

Profile- 17mm profile means you hit less obstacles and a have a lower center of gravity with the Decoy. There are narrower profile pedals on the market but they are either expensive or not durable.

Size- The Decoy is a not too big/not too small size for the average foot size (U.S. 8-9-10).

Durability- The Deity Decoy has a solid feel for 425 gm pedals and is rebuildable.

Get this pedal! You can't beat the performance and the price.

Similar Products Used: Straitline, Canfield, Truvativ Holzfeller, Crank Bros 50/50, Azonic 425, Kona,
    ASPOCKALIPS   Weekend Warrior [Feb 03, 2010]
    Strength:

SUPER STRONG Capable of withstanding force or wear; solid, tough, or firm
    SUPER THIN 17mm profile,10 allen pins per side keep your feet glued
    DEEP CONCAVE DESIGN for exceptional grip
    FULLY SERVICEABLE without requiring removal from the bike

BLACK ,WHITE ONLY wish they came in gray

DEITY IS A USA BIKE COMPANY BUILT BY RIDERS FOR RIDERS! WITH CRANKS, STEMS, HANDLEBARS, SPROCKETS, & MORE...DEITY IS A REFLECTION OF THE RIDER'S PSYCHE, STRUGGLES, & PASSION. I HAVE OWNED & BROKEN JUST ABOUT EVERY PEDAL OUT THERE.I FREE RIDE, DIRT JUMP, STREET & SKATE PARK RIDE. THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS NOT BROKEN DOWN WAS THE SPECIALIZED LO PRO I LIKE IT BUT ITS STOCK ON THE P3. WANTED SOMETHING DIFF I LOVE THE DEITY DECOY NOTHING BETTER, NOTHING.