Deity Compound Pedal

Compound

• Replaceable Cr-mo Pins
  • Super thin profile

JNKER   All Mountain Rider [May 05, 2016]
Strength:

Price, Durability

I've bashed and beaten these pedals and they are still going strong. I only use Five Ten shoes so I cannot comment on grip on different shoes but with my Impacts, my shoes don't move. For a $50 pedal, I'm not sure there is much better. Plenty of colors, too!

Joshua   All Mountain Rider [Jul 22, 2015]
Strength:

Cheap, durable, lightweight, thin, easily serviceable.

None.

These pedals take lots of abuse and don't get damaged with rock hits. They just sort of slide over things they hit. They can found for around 50 dollars and are pretty light and thin. Grip is acceptable with 5/10 shoes.

fried_guy   All Mountain Rider [Jun 22, 2015]
Strength:

Price, weight, strength, thickness, grippy

Can't get any better than this for the price. They grip great with my skate shoes.

Andy   Downhiller [Jul 24, 2013]
Strength:

Weight, strength, really thin, really grippy, really cheap

Incredible pedal for the price. I don't see myself needing anything else. The weight is down there with the boutique pedals, and like other reviewers have said these things just seem to "shrug" off rock hits without busting pins or even looking terribly scratched. I think there's a tiny bit of flex in there that just saves them, even though you can't feel it with your feet.

Looking at them (Only 6 pins/side) I didn't think they would have as much grip as they do but it's crazy. I ride plain old skate shoes and def don't need more grip. They feel flatter than some other pedals but I ride with the pedal under the arch of my foot so I really don't care. Deity sells a pin kit that is supposed to let you make a concave shape with different length pins if you are concerned about this.

These are also wicked thin if that matters to you. I never really problem with "rolling" a pedal underfoot so I guess I don't really care, but some extra clearance is nice. And I suppose it lets me get my seat a fraction of an inch lower.

There is some drag in the pedal but I like/need this with my style of riding.

Buy 'em! You can't go wrong.

silentG   All Mountain Rider [Feb 22, 2013]
Strength:

Light, thin, grippy. Rebuild kits available from Deity

None so far

I replaced my DMR V8 magnesium pedals with Wellgo B-103. The Wellgo were thinner, lighter, and more durable than the Wellgo.

As time went on and my trusty Wellgo were slowly beaten to a pulp I decided to give the Compound a try.

I wasn't sure about a plastic pedal body so I found a pair on Pinkbike in good shape and for less than the Compound goes for new.

After 4 months I have not put my Wellgo back on as the Compound is quite good. Any reservations I had about a plastic pedal body have been put to rest as the pedal slides off rocks and slides through a hit versus the more pronounced hit feeling that an aluminum body pedal provides

These pedals are actually thinner and lighter than my B-103 and the pedal shape under foot is nice. Pedal is very grippy with thinner pins than the B-103 and the grub screws of the DMR V8.

I'm sold on plastic pedals for All Mountain/trail riding here in Arizona. Deity rebuild kits for the pedal is a bonus as well.

Similar Products Used: Wellgo B-103, DMR V8 Mag
DOCRIGID   Downhiller [Sep 11, 2012]
Strength:

cheap, light, grippy, and strong

haven't found any yet

have been riding these on my DJ, and DH bike. the DH bike gets about 20+ days a year so not so much wear and tear. the DJ bike gets sent almost daily. they have held up fantastically. no loss of pins no wearing out of bushings yet. I find them to have great grip with skate shoes, and rediculous grip with sticky sole shoes. the center raised section might take you a day to get used to but I have not found any issues with it.

Similar Products Used: e13 pedals, plastic bmx pedals.
SamL3227   Downhiller [Jan 31, 2012]
Strength:

price, total and for rebuilding them.
weight, at 340g they are down there with alot of high end and expensive options
durability. so far it seems that rocks just slide off, much less damage than i was expecting. and even if i did break one, its an easy/cheep fix.
thinness. going from lopros this was a huge change. very good

lack of concave. feels weird, dont see why they couldnt have made them thicker at the ends. but grip w/ 510s is excellent. not too much. but with other shoes they seem somewhat lacking in the grip department
pedal body not tightened totally from box. drive side came loose 2nd ride. after it was tightened no problems since.

minus the concave issue i have and the loose pedal these pedals are above and beyond what i thought. i will buy them again. and again if there are not any reasonably priced spindle less(or however they get there) thinner pedals out there by whenever that is.

note: the allen bolt on outside of pedal is just a cover to get into the actual spindle nut. it will just turnover if you try to tighten it. worried me significantly until i just backed it out and realized what was up.