Crank Brothers Mallet 3 Pedal

The Mallet 3 is Crank Bros? best pedal for the aggressive freerider or downhiller. Its combination platform/clipless design gives you the flexibility to be clipped in when you want and the extra support of a big platform when you don?t.

Ringtail   Weekend Warrior [Apr 14, 2016]
Strength:

Easy to clip-in in all conditions.

Durability.

Crank Bros has done a great job of developing a low-durability product that requires frequent replacement. My original Eggbeaters lasted many years over numerous rebuilds. However, the last 3 sets of Eggbeater pedals I've purchased have died with 2 seasons or less of use, and I am a casual weekend warrior weighing a modest 160 lbs.

Similar Products Used: Time ATAC, Shimano SPD
Jr   Weekend Warrior [Jun 19, 2015]
Strength:

Look good, Well built, Lighter than the Mallet 1's, Strong, last a long time.

I made the switch to clips about 3 years ago and have never looked back. My brother in law recommended Crank Brothers egg beaters but I never liked the way they look on the bike.

I got these pedals from a local shop brand new. I have had them now for three years mostly riding the local trails where I live. I have crashed hard many times (10+), broken components, cased jumps, have struck rocks with both pedals and crank arms, and these Mallet 3's are still going strong.

I figured after 3 years of riding this things would be worn out and ready to replace but have been proven wrong. I even had to replace the clips on my shoes about a month ago due to those being worn out.

Worth the money and will most likely end up getting new ones only because I want to change the color for my new bike.

Similar Products Used: Crankbrothers Egg Beaters
Crankbrothers Candy
Zeroman_IR   Weekend Warrior [Jun 01, 2009]
Strength:

Sheds mud well. Easy to clip in. And out. Pins let you fine tune grip. Lots of float. Lightweight.

Occasional tendency to clip in when you don't want to.

Fantastic pedal. Most people would probably be as well off with the Mallet 2 but I got these for pretty much the same price off eBay. Run them with 661 Filters with one spacer under the cleat and they work perfectly for the aggressive XC/All Mountain riding I sometimes do.

Find them easier to get out of when I need to than the XT pedals I had previously. Can clip out and stand on the platforms for any hairy bits, grips nearly as well as a dedicated platform pedal thanks to the adjustable pins.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT pedals.