Crank Brothers Egg Beater Triple Ti Pedal

• easy entry and exit
  • spd® compatible*
  • fully rebuildable
  • excellent 2 year warranty
  • superior mud shedding design
  • simple: Only 13 total parts/pedal

Todd_71   Racer [Mar 29, 2010]
Strength:

Sheds mud well. Easy entry and release. Light weight.

No tension adjustment. Use of bushing that needs rebuilding regularly. Pre-release in technical conditions that can lead to serious injuries. Easy to break the spring/clip if you smack it on a rock.

Dangerous if you ride technical trails and the design needs a spring tension. I would not ride these again.

Similar Products Used: Look, time, speedplay frog, shimano SPD.
Craig   Cross Country Rider [Apr 10, 2003]
Strength:

LIGHT! Easy in, easy out. Positive feel. Good in variety of conditions. LIGHT! Best pedal I've used.

They aren't cheap. There is no way I can tell my wife how much I paid for these pedals.

Great pedal. Positive engagement. Very,very light. Easy in and easy out. No doubt about when you're clicked in (unlike Speedplay Frogs). No unwanted release, either. Durable and easy to work on. Makes me feel like I'm part of the bike. Again, I can't stress the low weight enough. My bike now weighs 22.6 pounds. My feeling prior to purchasing these is that any pedal that costs as much as a high end crank set better be truly bad ass. I think these pedals are just that. And they look really cool.

Similar Products Used: Speedplay Frogs, Shimano, chromo Egg Beaters
Don C.   [Jul 29, 2006]
Strength:

Easy in or out. Light weight. Reliable. Good support from Crank Bros.

None.

I've used Eggbeaters since they were introduced. Each pair has worked really well. They last a long time and are servicable... what more can you ask?

Each time you grab your bike for a ride, the one thing that you won't have to think about will be your pedals... they just do the job!

Similar Products Used: Time ATAC
Eric   Weekend Warrior [Jan 31, 2003]
Strength:

Weight,simplicity,looks,durability

price?

These pedals rock. Light-like they don't exist. Plenty of platform for their purpose, buttery smooth entry and exit, just the best all around XC clipless pedals you can buy.......put them on and forget they're there...4 for value because of steep price...but hell, you get what you pay for

Similar Products Used: All Shimano since original 737's, bontrager clipless, wellgo clipless & of course the original eggs
topic hashim   Cross Country Rider [Mar 29, 2003]
Strength:

tried all clipless pedal but eggs still my fav. its easy to engage in mud (dont wonder) low maintenance, n it is d best pedal around.....

price????????

no pedal can beat d eggs simplicity, killer looks, durability n it is d cutting edge of clip in

Similar Products Used: original eggs n all shimano high end pedal
gale hess   Cross Country Rider [May 18, 2003]

you folks spending this kind of dough should read the reviews of the other stripes of beaters- history is doomed to repeat itself so learn from those reviews and keep the spindle screw tight, use loc-tite on the crank arm, and ride hard

Evan Plews   Racer [Apr 08, 2005]
Strength:

The lightest. The best in mud.

Sleave bearing design must be rebuilt periodically to prevent damage to spindles. Probably more resistance than roller bearings. Wings can eat your shoes if you don't keep the cleats fresh and use the spacers.

Very robust design. The best overall setup ever conceived for MTB and 'cross. Other models are functionally the same at more affordable cost and marginal weight gain.

Similar Products Used: Everything.
egg beater   Cross Country Rider [Feb 20, 2005]
Strength:

they weigh .000001 oz.

don't always guarantee a first place finish

they help you pick up on good looking women...really improved my dating scene

Similar Products Used: most
Henri von Steen   Racer [Feb 08, 2005]
Strength:

Super Light. All working parts on pedal, not on cleat. Sheds mud beter than anything else. Super fast exit and entry. Looks like something from outer space.

None. (Make sure your end-caps are tight.) Use double ti if you are over 85kg.

These are the best pedals I've ever used! They are everything a MTB-rider wants in a pedal. Light, strong , 4 sides for quick entry. There is nothing else like it. One of my friends thought they looked like detonator tips from a cruise missile, when I paraded them around in the smart golden aluminium box they come in. He did not believe me when I told him it was pedals. (He obviously is not a cyclist.) There is just something about the triple ti's that makes everyone goes WOW ! ! !

And if you buy these pedals, you can be certain of the best customer support team I know of, behind you every pedal stroke. Even if you are halfway around the world from them.

Can't give anything less than 5 hot ones!

Similar Products Used: Time atac carbon
DaFireMedic   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2003]
Strength:

Ease of entry and exit, Light weight, No problems with mud clooging them.

Cost. Also, I read in the manual that the max recommended rider weight for these is 185 lbs. I was concerned, being that I'm at 185 right now with low body fat. So far no problems. Oh, and did I mention the cost?

These things are expensive. As a previous reviewer said, there's no way in the world I could tell my wife how much I paid for these pedals. I only bought them because I was unhappy with my old pedals, and decided to get the best ones that I could. But man, I'm glad I did. A world of difference in entry and exit from my previous pedals, and I dropped 1/2 pound from my bike. I stalled unexpectedly in some rocks today, but unlike my previous experiences with my old pedals, my foot exited smoothly and I didn't flop onto the rocks. I am also able to navigate and pedal through difficult technical sections with my feet unclipped, there is enough platform to do it easily. I am very, very pleased with these pedals. Get them if you can spare the cash, are under 185 lbs, and want to lighten your bike. Otherwise get the regular eggbeaters. You'll get the same benefits, just not as much weight savings. I'm holding one value chili back due to the cost, but the quality is without question.