Canfield Brothers Crampon Pedal

Canfield Brothers Crampon Pedal

With the new Crampon Pedals from Canfield Brothers, you effectively lower your bottom bracket by 8mm/.25? while raising your pedal clearance by the same. This one-of-a-kind pedal also allows for more efficient pedaling by allowing you to lean back and push through the normal “dead spots” at the top and bottom of your pedal stroke. The thinnest pedal platform on the market also allows for more balance and stability because you are standing on the side of the spindles instead of the top.

[Mar 28, 2017]
monkies
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

have used these for years, super slim and they do make you feel more in control on the bike

squeak on axle/shoe interface

Honestly i noticed the effects of these vs my fat straitline pedals right away. super slim, and kept me low on my bike, and it definitely made control better! the squeak on the axle is a bit annoying on long climbs, but that's about it!

straitline defacto, race face atlas

[Feb 21, 2015]
gorgebiker

Strength:

low profile

bushings loosen very quickly and can not be tightened enough to get rid of the slap.

After two months of riding the bushings were already very loose. I tightened them but could still feel up and down and side ways looseness in the pedals. Talked to Canfield and bought new internals. But after rebuilding the pedals it was only better a couple of rides. I love the low profile but these pedals are poorly designed and do not last. I bought new pedals from Nashbar for $40 and like them more

[Jun 24, 2013]
Geno

Strength:

Grippy. Can take a beating. Clearance. Dope colors.

Set screws give mean pedal bite. Anodized coloring comes off with rock hits

This review is for the Crampon Ultimates. Bought these after one of my Xpedo pedals broke on a mild rock hit. These C2's are amazing. They stick so well I had to relearn how to adjust my foot placement while on the fly. The thinness of these has reduced the ground strikes and delivers a smoother feeling push. First Canfield purchase but I'll be keeping my eye out for more from this company.

[May 08, 2013]
Gav
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Looks good and feels like you're stuck to the pedals

Shipping delays - In fairness the guys at Canfield did communicate well but it took way too long to deliver considering the shipping cost. It took over 6 weeks to ship to UK despite initially telling me it would take about a week. Pedals were delivered with powder coat in the pin holes which had to be tapped out. For the money this shouldn't happen.

At this price theres a whole load of competition out there. Canfield Bros need to lift their game if they want to build their reputation

[Nov 30, 2012]
cman8
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Light, Wide, Thin and very very durable

These pedals are the best I have ridden. Paired with my 5.10's my foot is stuck to the pedal! Rarely do I have a pedal strike and I ride some grnar sometimes. Price is comparable to others which like any component I think they are expensive, but well worth the money. Great CS from them, Usually receive an answer within minutes! I emailed them about warranty and when they told me there was none but their pedals were made to last I was a little afraid to buy em but man am I glad I did. These things are tough. If your thinking of getting these do it, they service easy and take a beating and keep going!

HT AX08

[Sep 10, 2012]
edonnell

Strength:

Great grip, thin cross section, rugged.

none noticed so far

Have used these pedals in rocky New England riding and they have worked amazingly well. Have just about given up on SPD's with these pedals as the grip is excellent and I notice little if any lack of power loss from not being "clipped in".
Well worth the money spent! Get them!

[Aug 17, 2011]
Ralstonia92

Strength:

Very thin and grippy...not to mention they look cool

Very Disappointed when I found out they were double threaded and completly stripped out my right crank!

I fell in love with these pedals as soon as I saw them. But after figuring out that they were double threaded and stripped my cranks I was very Disappointed! I am in the process of talking with the manufacturer and the bike shopthat sold them to me to get my problem fixed. I really hope everything works out because I would really like to used these pedals! I hope it was just this bad batch of pedals but for that i have to give this only 2 chilis. If i were you i would order from their website so you do not have to deal with a bike shop in the mix..

other flats

[Jul 18, 2011]
k1rider

Strength:

There's definitely a feeling of sitting more in your bike and pushing more through your pedal stroke. The best way I found to test this is run one crank w/ a normal flat pedal, the other with the Crampon....boom, you can't deny the difference, it's huge. I've skirted out of more technical and rocky stuff then I ever did with my previous flats.

Beyond an occasional squeak from the axle on my 510's the only downside to these pedals over other flats is a wider platform (laterally). I've found I sometimes strike dirt when pedaling through tight turns that previous pedals didn't have issues with. Minor annoyance when given the huge bonus of vertical clearance that is picked up with these pedals.

If you can deal with a bit of squeak time to time these are great pedals.

BMX pedals

[Jul 07, 2011]
Bad Bob

Strength:

Great pedals! I feel like my feet are glued to the them.
Bullet proof.
Great for climbing steep hills!
Great push through!

Price, but worth it!

This is a great product! I can't say enough good about it.

Nothing like this one!

[Jul 07, 2011]
Really Bad Bob

Strength:

Great pedals! I feel like my feet are glued to the them.
Bullet proof.
Great for climbing steep hills!
Great push through!

Price, but worth it!

This is a great product! I can't say enough good about it.

Nothing like this one!