Azonic A-Frame Pedal

Azonic A-Frame Pedal

The Azonic A-Frame Pedal features a CNC machined aluminum body, oversized stainless steel spindle, removable pins and sealed cartridge bearings.

[Apr 02, 2009]
chuk2rs
Downhiller

Strength:

They work as intended

There are lighter pedals out there

I have beenusing these pedal since they first came out. I believe the first set had a spindle break. But Azonic replaced them without issue. I have since had 2 other pair with no issues. They were purchased in 2001! I have ridden hard and done NO maintenance to them. I would reccomend these pedals to any one. May try out the new 420's now, just for weight reasons.

Welego's

[Dec 09, 2008]
ebnash

Strength:

Great looking, good grip on the feet.

Bearings/bushings took a dump after very little use.

I had these pedals for about a year, but they were only used about 5 times, since I normally ride with clipless pedals. They started howling during a ride and went I attempted to remove the outer bearing cap, it broke into pieces. CRAP!!!

Shimano DXR's

[Jul 09, 2008]
Timm214

Strength:

They stick to your feet

Bearings/Overall construction

The bearings went after two weeks of use. A month or two later I noticed there was a lot of play with the spindle. I kept riding then and then one of the end caps cracked and fell off. This all happened in about 4 months of use. Never again will I buy A-Frames

Tons of other flat pedals

[Jul 05, 2003]
Jasper

Strength:

Grippy! Just step on the pedals and go. Nice huge platform to stand on!

None so far.

Bottom line. Give platforms a try. I could not believe how much better it is to not have to worry about clipping in or getting your foot in the toe clip. I thought I would be constantly moving my foot into the right place, Nope. I had to readjust a little bit after going through some slow washboard. It was also a huge plus when you have to get going on the upside of a hill. For a while I was thinking that pedals like this would not be OK for cross country. These proved me wrong. Like I said just plant the foot and get to pedaling. My only real concern was the idea of getting my shins eaten by the pins. Solved with a pair of knee/shin guards that I should have had a long tome ago. I like these so much that my next ride will have platforms on it before leaving the shop for the first time.

Old fashioned toe clips.

[Aug 19, 2003]
dOve

Strength:

Strong. grippy through any weather. nicest looking flats out there.

if you want flats that you can keep your feet on- a-frame.

[May 18, 2003]
andrew

Strength:

they stick great and have sealed bearing

to me these pedals f#$@in suck i have to retighten the inner bolt and grease them daily so they actually spin if you try to spin mine they make a f*&$ed up sound and stop but i read all the reveiws and no one has said any thing similar to whats going on with mine, the pins also fall out very easy.

i would still get them and if they do what mine do then just send them to the company and get them warrented asap, other than the problem i had they are great pedals

specialized platforms and kore platforms

[Aug 13, 2007]
nick basica
Downhiller

Strength:

beefy, super grippy, not to heavy, sturdy spindle

pins fall out. MAKE SURE tht you loc-tite the pins and then you should have no problems

great strong grippy pedal(USE LOC-TITE ON THE PINS!)

wellgo, crankbrothers, primo, speacialized,

[Oct 03, 2005]
Steve

Strength:

-Excellent grip

-pins should be screwed in deeper than they are
-base pedal is fairly soft aluminum

The bottom line is that these pedals offer excellent grip. They are pricey, but so far, they have been worth it to me. I use them for XC, urban and a handful of freeride and DJs. I bent one of the pins on a rock. Well, the pin is still straight, but the aluminum that its screwed into is mashed. I feel that the pins need to be inserted further into the aluminum base. Maybe this would decrease the chance of bending a pin in the fairly soft aluminum of the base.

[Feb 09, 2006]
Alex

Strength:

Very solid, sticks to your shoes well, large platform.

none that i can think of

Seems like a great platform, though I've never owned an aftermarket platform before so I don't really have anything to compare it to. They've taken a descent amount of abuse from me and are still perfect. Very nice and sticky.

the crappy platforms that have come on my bikes stock

[Dec 21, 2006]
Dave

Strength:

- good grip
- easy to service
- silver ones look great
- silver finish is very durable
- tough pedals

Great pedals for the price. I've been using the same set for 4 years now, and they've been on 4 different bikes. they started out as my DH pedals, but I got some Syncros Mentals, so the A-Frames are now on my trail bike which sees more ride time than my DH bike. I can't believe how durable they are. I periodically pull them apart and pack them with grease, and that's all the maintenance I've ever had to do. They've seen a ton of ride time over the years, and the original bearings are still smooth, and the spindles dead straight. I've never even had to replace a pin. I have the silver ones, so they wear great, and still look almost new. Great grip, depending on the show you're wearing as well. Incredible value if you ask me.

- Syncros Mentals (amazing)
- Daredevil (Devinci brand, low quality)
- Snafu BMX (bearings didn't last)