Azonic 420 Flat Pedal

Azonic 420 Flat Pedal

The 420 pedals by Azonic are strong and lightweight platform pedalsThat are still durable and reliable. Extruded body CNC machined DU/sealed bearings W33 & V9 Pins Weight: 430g with pins/pair

[May 02, 2013]
Bryan1113

Strength:

Durability, light weight, colors

none so far

Bought these for Christmas and love them. Feel glued to my bike with 5 10's and the green color matches my bike!

[Sep 10, 2012]
RoyalFlush29er

Strength:

Grip, Strength, Appearance

No replacement pins, But none have come loose, Nor have they worn down.

I ordered these pedals and waited a month for them to arrive. It was definitely worth the wait. They have some serious grip! So much so that they're actually tearing the tread on my shoes! I wear a size 10 shoe and I am completely happy with the width of these pedals. I would definately suggest these for someone interested in downhill, free ride, xc (if clip-in's aren't working for you)

[Aug 13, 2012]
crook.shanks
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

-SOLID Build
-Strong axle, pins, and body
-Color choices are outstanding
-Durability seems to be a non-issue
-Grip is on par with super glue given the pin locations

-Color WILL chip upon pedal strikes
-Pedals are a bit narrow (size 13/14 shoe) so you really have to dig those feet in to land with confidence anything larger than an 18" drop.

Here's the story... I am a 6'5" 248 lb. rider with gear, and I love the tough terrain. Rock gardens, stream crossings, roots, drops, up & downhill, I'll take it all. When it came to choosing a pedal I opted for the Azonic based upon their durability reviews, and I was not disappointed. These things have held up to my size, rock impacts, pedal strikes, and keep on going. Although, as expected, the finish does chip when you run into rocks. No bent bodies or axles though even when pumping up super steep grades. The red pedals add just enough flavor to my Rumblefish, and complement the red accents already on the bike's hardware. I had my LBS order these in, and set them up for me and I couldn't be happier. Five chilis overall, and four for value as they are a tad expensive, and could be a bit wider. If you're a big rider, and demand durability out of gear, these are a solid choice.

Wellgo Pedals

[Aug 06, 2012]
Iloj

Strength:

Good looks, lots of color options to bling out your bike, good build quality with sealed bearings and rubber rotation damper o-rings.

Could be wider and longer and could use a little more concave

Overall, a decent pedal for the price - I paid $75. My favorite pedal so far is Transition Step Down pedals, which are wider, longer and have more concave, plus backed by one of the best bike companies around.

[Jul 05, 2012]
Dizzy D
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Lower cost. Good looks. Good color selection. Good pins. Durable.

Not wide enough. Esp with 5.10 shoes.

Great looking pedal (powdercoat white) and pretty durable (a few dents hitting rocks on my DH rig), but feel really narrow. With my 5.10 Karvers I constantly feel like my feet are falling off the sides of the pedal, so I try to compensate by putting my feet closer into the crankarm on the pedal and that just makes my shoes rub my crankarms. I've always ridden flats (even before it was cool and before the skinny pedal marketing boom) and these by far feel the narrowest, making it harder to lean and psychologically more difficult to land drops. Premium thins put these to shame, and now that the Premiums come in white, that's what I'm switching to for this dh bike.

Premium Thins, DMR Vaults, Straitlines (demo'd), and dozens of other thick pedals before everyone started making them thin. Azonics are the narrowest-feeling.

[May 28, 2012]
SoCalMtb

Strength:

Grippy, solid, looks,

no replacement pins

These are great. I've always used clipless petals in the past but have been out of the scene for a while. I have always hated flats but decided to try it once again until I got comfortable on the bike again. I use them with my 5 ten freeride shoes and all I can say is wow. I remember slipping petals all of the time with flats in the past. It doesn't happen with these petals. You literally have to pick up your foot and move it if you need to reposition. Although I don't have any recent comparisons with other petals I can say without a doubt that these petals work and I'm not worried about looking for anything better.

[Nov 25, 2011]
FNG RIDER

Strength:

Weight, design, Annodized red, grip, concave platform design, sealed bearings and o rings. Low price.

no replacement pins provided.

I am switching over from Clipless, Candies. I got tired of not being able to clip out at awkward foot position and the ability to dab down in technicals. I like bling of the red anno color. It very comfortable even on beer runs wearing sandles. The price is very reasonable. I recommend these for beginners to intermediates.

BlackLabel Plastic Flats, Kona Flats, Shimano spd platforms, crank bros candies

[Aug 31, 2011]
wonny
Downhiller

Strength:

Grip,Durability,Low Profile

Not the lightest platform pedal, no replacement pins included

In the world of $100+ plus pedals, these 420 pedals seem reasonable at $80 when you factor in build quality, fairly low profile, grip and size. The 420's have a not too small, not too big cage size for the 7-10 shoe size rider. The pin placement works well and provides good grip w/o gnarly high pins.

I recommend this pedal to downhillers, racers and freeriders who want a good pedal at a solid price.

Crank Bros 5050XX, Twenty Six, Truvativ Holzfeller, Gravity

[Jul 26, 2011]
sakibomb29

Strength:

this is a strong strong pedal!!!

not as sticky as i would like but not an issue

this is a strong strong pedal!!!
i have hit some serious boulders rocks and took some mean spillz! these pedals are indestructible !!! Very light weight pedals! they also look really cool being so flat.I had to write about these pedaals because anyone knows when your riding down chantry flats mt wilson winter creek area its nuts!

azonics

[May 11, 2010]
416to212

Strength:

Durable finish. Thin profile. Lots of grip through the use of intelligent pin placement.

Pricey.

Unlike a lot of other platform pedal makers, I feel that Azonic makes their pedals sticky without the need for a megaton of pins. Pin placement is along the perimeter which lets your foot concave mildly onto the base platform (which is pinless) for control. The pedal is comfortable to ride and feels very secure. I love the thin profile and very rigid feel for a pedal this light. The powder coat white is a durable finish and makes it one of the best looking pedals around. Unlike some people, I went from riding clipless to riding platforms. It's more fun and safe to have my feet free to whip a jump, ride skinnies, or drop a ledge.

Azonic magnesium, Ringle Sun, various clipless pedals.