Answer Rove FR Pedal

Rove FR

The Rove FR pedals offer a large concave platformThat allows youTo maintain maximum control. Weight: 467 grams Axle: Steel Bushing: DU Material: 6061 series alloy Studs: 10-10 hex head

Petti the Yeti   [May 30, 2014]
Strength:

Good grip with flat bottoms or Five Tens, Gold color matches well with my black/gold build, fairly low profile and hard to get a solid ground bash with them.

Expensive, oozes grease during rides.

Great pedals for urban use, but for a fairly generic mid-high end pedal, I'm not sure I would buy them brand new at their $100+ MSRP. Wait for sales on them.

Tim   All Mountain Rider [May 16, 2012]
Strength:

Slim profile, removable pins, shipped with spare pins, apperance, smooth operation.

Pins

I've run these pedals for about 5 months now. A few pins are starting to mushroom causing them to loose their bite. I've also sheared a couple pins off which are a pain to remove (hit rocks from time to time). I had to drill them and back out with an easy out. The pedals do come with extra pins which is nice. I'm currently lookin to replace them with something else. In my opinion, these are good pedals, just not great.

Allrotor13b   All Mountain Rider [Mar 24, 2012]
Strength:

Rebuildable
Grip
Looks
Strength
Platform size
Color options
Thin deck
Spare pins included

None i have noticed

Tenacious grip and good-looking, these pedals have made me much more comfortable with more agressive riding. i can leave the ground without having to make sure i am precisely positioned on my pedals and the platforms are wide enough that i am not rubbing my crank arms so much anymore. These are very reasonably priced at the $70 range.

Similar Products Used: Wellgo, Kona
BlueCannon   All Mountain Rider [Feb 21, 2012]
Strength:

Affordable, grippy, looks great

None so far

These pedals are great! I switched to them after riding clipless for 6 years and I will never go pack. Great wide platform and very grippy pins. I bought shin guards to go along with them but they have not helped yet because I just don't slip off these pedals. They have taken so hard hits so far and seem to be very durable. Not to mention they look fantastic and come in a variety of colors.

Eckstream1   Weekend Warrior [Jan 24, 2012]
Strength:

Very grippy pedal...
Inexpensive compared to other pedals.
I like the non externally threaded pins... They don't chew your shins up!

Great pedal for the price!
Great pin design... Won't eat your shins!

tsefreeflow   Cross Country Rider [Oct 11, 2011]
Strength:

Wide, solid, easy to install, easy to replace pins, very grippy, low profile and looks.

Have not found any!

These are great pedals. I started riding this year and got a bike with clip-ins and I did not like that set-up so ditched those and the new shoes I got for them. I found these wide flat pedals in red as I was looking for and got them. Just love them and have had no problems what-so-ever including with any of the pins. I have not replaced a pin yet, though I have bottomed the pedals out and hit them on rocks several times. They scratch up, but have never failed or given any problems.
As with any pedal, espeically ones with pins for grip, if you hit your shins or calf on them if you come off of them wrong, it will "F" you up, but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that possibility by simply looking at them!

Similar Products Used: Forte wide flats
woahey   Weekend Warrior [May 12, 2011]
Strength:

Nice and wide, fits my size 13 shoe good. Great grip. Pins removed/installed with a socket and can be removed after getting smashed unlike allen type pins.

The only "bad" thing is you need shin protectors.

Great flat pedal that is very grippy. Don't slip!

Similar Products Used: Wellgo, Crank Bros
charvey9   Weekend Warrior [May 31, 2010]
Strength:

Wide platform, excellent pins, low profile, smooth.

The pedals didn't come with an Answer sticker for my tool box!

The Answer Rove FR pedals are very comfortable and perform better than any other platforms I have used. The socket type pins have a slightly larger diameter than a normal hex type, providing a pefect balance between grip and ability change foot position as neccessary. However, that should not be interpreted that these pedals allow your feet to slip around. Once you find find the sweet spot and point the bike downhill your feet will stay locked on until you decide otherwise. Although an extra package of pins are included in the box, I have not needed to replace one yet. The wide low-profile platforms provide the ability to easily re-acquire foot placement on the pedal if you take them off during a jump or hard turn. After just a short time of riding these, I will never go back to a "thick" platform pedal. Only time will reveal how durable they are, but overall these are a great performing pedal and well worth the coin.

davet   Weekend Warrior [May 08, 2010]
Strength:

wide platform, thin profile, good pins, great looks

a bit heavy

I've been riding these for a short while, my first impressions are very good. The platform is nice and wide and the pins placed well. I don't have any issues with my feet slipping around, but they aren't so grippy that it's hard to reposition your feet if they aren't in the right spot. I like them. Time will tell how long they hold up. At 467 grams they aren't the lightest around, but they aren't excessive either.