Torque Drive Pro Derailleur

Torque Drive Pro Derailleur

Torque Drive Pro

[Sep 29, 2013]
Rob G.

Strength:

Seem to be pretty tightly made. Not expensive.

A little harder to turn handle to change gears then i would like, but not a big deal.

If you are in the 99% of bike owners who do not race professionally, then this is a fine "gear shifter". I weight almost 300 lbs. and have ridden for countless miles and frequent a local mountain bike course/trail that even serious riders consider pretty challenging. I have pulled my big frame up many hills and never had one slip. For the price it is great. I'm sure that there are better ones out there, but for the vast majority of us who aren't "EXTREME DUDE", If I ain't broke this'un, you probably will be happy with it too. Don't let the "elite" below make you pay for something you will never have to utilize! Of course, that's just my opinion...i could be wrong. :o)

[Nov 13, 2012]
Keith

Strength:

It did hold together for 1100 miles.

Has never been able to shift into either the highest gear or lowest gear. You can adjust it for one or the other but not both.

It was appropriate that this derailer came on a free bike i won in a contest. I would be really upset if i spent my money on this. Almost impossible to adjust. Will not shift into all gears, and definately won't shift under pressure. I have 1100 miles on this derailer. Yesterday, while trying to shift on a slight incline the derailer self-destructed. I'll be changing brands.

[Jul 15, 2009]
dannyb106

Strength:

So far the frame seems sturdy (although im not gonna comment on its weight), and although the suspension arm looks like i could snap it with my bare hands, it's held up fine so far.....

the drivetrain. the suspension. both are crap. I have never been able to ride this bike with all gears working. Both of the derailers are total crap,(especially the front), and the shifters are even worse. If you get this bike, buy a new fork for it, the shocks might as well not even be there. The rear shock is just a spring, it doesn't damp for sh*t. So i'd recommend you replace that too.

After some considerable work on ebay i scored new front and rear shimano derailers, hayes hydraulic front and rear disc brakes (gotta weld a bracket onto the suspension arm to mount it on the rear), some cheapo rear shock (i'm guessing it'll still better than the stock one), gravity front and rear 26x2.10 wheels, a shimano cassette, crank and chainring (off an old bike i had). I should be putting on all these goodies sometime this week, anyone wanna take a guess how it'll ride? I'm hoping after completely rebuilding the drivetrain the bike won't be such a piece of crap, i'll keep you posted.

[Feb 17, 2002]
Justin

Strength:

Sucks. Broke while I was riding down the sidewalk going 1/2 a mph. Pins broke, all kinds of peices went flying everywhere. Wouldn,t let someone pay me

Sucks. Broke while I was riding down the sidewalk going 1/2 a mph. Pins broke, all kinds of pieces went flying everywhere. Wouldn't let anyone pay me to use this derailuer again. I don't know of any other ones that work better, but please stay away from this crap.

[Nov 04, 2001]
harry

its a pile! the thing sucks in all conditions. it will break if you look at it. it needs lots of tuning. if your very lucky it might shift 1 cog over but no more because it has probably already broken! the thing sucks bigtime. don't buy it, get an shimano alivo or something.

[Jan 09, 2000]
Dave Kline

Strength:

there are none

it dosen't shift through gears properly

I wouldn't suggest it for anyone who wants to ride their bike.

shimano components

[Sep 10, 2000]
gautam

this deraileur is a piece. it took me adjusting to get it to even switch into first, and it still skips gears and takes forever switch. the d50i is a good bike, but its spoiled by this derailleur. get the bike, but upgrade

[May 02, 2000]
chris

Strength:

shifts slow, skips gears, requires constant maitnense, bends breaks easily.

do not buy this derailler. Come's stock on most low end mongoose full suspension bikes. If you see this derailler run away. The guy that gave this derailler five chillis must be crazy. It shifts slow loud and requires tons of tuning.

[Mar 12, 2000]
John

Strength:

There are none

Everything... piece of crap... Main housing is plastic...

dont waste your time and money.

shimano

[Mar 09, 2000]
Justin

Strength:

It sucks.It skips gears and the adjustment
is always out of whack.

This thing is horrible. It skips gears and
is constantly out of adjustment. No one
should buy this thing. You would probably
be better off stealing a higher quality one
off of a Murry or Huffy.I would say that
it would at least make a good paper weight,
but it would probably suck at that too.

Shimano & SRAM Stuff