Sunrace SR-595 Derailleur

SR-595

SR-595

Keli F.   Downhiller [Dec 05, 2001]

I won this derailleur at a race last year (2000), and raced the 2001 season on it. I am the queen of rear derailleur carnage, I have broken about 4 shimano XT's just out of my sheer craziness, over the past few years. For a "cheap" derailleur, this little thing held up pretty darn good.

Suckered   Downhiller [May 23, 2001]
Strength:

Its shiny

Oh dont get me started

Sunrace sucks... do not ever buy sunrace products! the freewheel broke, sent my wheel out of line bent both derailleurs, the rear was fixable but is crap now it wont shift to 1 & 2, i got the frewheel fixed but the rest of the stuffs gonna cost me a lot of money in repairs & new parts. so my advice is if you have sunrace components DONT WAIT FOR THEM TO FAIL TO REPLACE THEM! it will brake more than you think. replace the sunrace stuff now before you have a problem. id give it minus chilis if i could.

Similar Products Used: Cheap toilet paper...
Dan Jenkins   Weekend Warrior [Nov 14, 2000]

Total Garbage

This is not even good enough for cruising. I broke it in less than 2 hours. I saved my rear spokes (just barely).

This derailler may look like a bargain but a cheap low end Shimano is much superior. This product could cost you a rear wheel or possibly an injury.

Similar Products Used: Shimano Mega Range TY-40
Broke Spoke   cross-country rider [May 10, 1998]

Sunrace makes good Cranksetets, rear cassettes, and awesome shifters, but they're rear derailleurs, particulary the sr-595, stink really really bad. I had a brand new one put on and the first time I rode with it is broke in three different places, without hitting anything such as a log. How the thing broke is a mystery, I was in the middle of a shift and bam, snap, boom , broken.
It wasnt a very smooth derailluer even to its breaking point. I will say that my stx DR works great with the rest of the compnents.

American Lesion   Cross Country Rider [Oct 05, 2004]
Strength:

(M60) Tough as nails, smooth shifting, strong & long lasting pulleys, 34 tooth max. cog size
(M50) Light weight, inexpensive

Both derailleurs are large--could snag an errant rock or stick more easily than a smaller SRAM or Shimano model. M50 is primarily Grillon & Carbon Fiber--not much metal in its construction.

These are newer derailleurs. Sunrace has come a long way since these reviews have been posted. Both perform quite well...the M60 better than the newer Shimano Deore models.
The M60 is capable of being raced, and is more than enough for experienced mountainbikers looking for sturdy, reliable, and reasonably priced componentry.

Similar Products Used: Shimano: Altus A30,Exage M350 Trail, Deore, Deore LX, Deore XT, Acera-X, 105, 600 Ultegra Suntour: Alpha-5000, XCE-4050, XC-9000 & 9010