SRAM X7 10-Speed Rear Derailleur

X7 10-Speed Rear

The 10-speed specific X7 rear derailleur works with SRAMs new 2x10 group. Experience smoother shifting, more efficient gearing, and better clearance (because ofThe missing large chainring) with a 2x10 drivetrain. Carbon pulley cage 1:1® actuation ratio & Direct RouteTechnology for lighter effort shifting Compatible only with SRAM 10sp Weight 239g approx (10 speed Carbon Long Cage)

Van   Racer [Aug 14, 2016]
Strength:

Shifting precise

Did not hold up

Had product 3 1/2 months 1600 miles mainly rail trails was on asphalt trail doing 20 miles an hour when deriller Cage separated from body lucky it did not go into spokes had to make a fixie and lamp back home some 25 miles

Marco Avila   Cross Country Rider [Apr 19, 2013]
Strength:

Good Shifting (Precise) , nice looking,

Need regular adjustment (Mechanics told me this is because I have 9SP Cassette/Shifters) , Ocassionaly Gost shifts

Got this one along with the complete X7 3x10 group , and is quite precise, no complains until now, works well in all-weather conditions and in mountain/asphalt. It has resisted some abuse without any problem.

Similar Products Used: Shimano Acera
mudhen   Weekend Warrior [Oct 08, 2012]
Strength:

None...

Everything...

Came with my 2013 Carve. Medium cheap plastic lower cage broke at the 90 day mark, 300 miles. Now I get to spend another $125 to get back on the road. Went with an X9, so maybe that will last longer than 90 days....

smirniotisice   All Mountain Rider [Aug 16, 2012]
Strength:

Its an inexpensive way to get into a 10 speed drive train.

Mounting bushing, swing arm, pivots, and most other things.

Well I bought a short cage and it shattered into about 4 pieces when a stick hit it on a decent. Then a medium cage came on my giant trance x advance. It bent in about 2 months and I did not wreck. I also make sure not to lay my bike down on the derailleur side. The cage in this case is twisted and I don't know why. I've had x9 and x0 before and never had any problems but these have been nothing but trouble. If your not rough on bikes it might be ok but I like epic rides and this derailleur failed on a 40 mile ride.