Truvativ Racing Team Crankset

• Forged 1-piece AL-7050-TV construction
  • Highly fatigue resistant due to optimized heat treatment
  • Fully CNC'd 4mm thick AL-7050-T6 racing-rings
  • Standard 5-arm 110mm BCD
  • 3/32" - 2mm thick teeth
  • Ring sizes 41 or 44
  • Cromoly chainring bolts
  • Heat treated cromoly crank self-extractor system

Elvis   Racer [Jul 01, 2010]
Strength:

-Stiffness
-7075 aluminum
Never had any problems nor maintenance to do, and it never got loose. I took it off only one time to change the BB, but beside that, It's been there for the last 5 years and still runs like new!

None yet

This crank (180mm arms) came stock with my bike.
I used it for the last 5 years... running around 5000 Km/year (approx 3100 miles/year), from April to November, since there's winter where I live.
During the last 5 years, I changed many parts on my bike... and now, the only stock parts left are the frame/fork, stem, handelbar, headset,... and the crank!
I've changed the chain many times (approx 1/year), the freewheel (14 Teeth) 3 times , the chainring 1 time... and I would say that the crank is still good as new!

Similar Products Used: Couldn't say... since I never had to change it... so I cannot compare it to another crank
racex401   Racer [Jun 25, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight, Quite stiff, Cheap, Great range of parts

Crank arms loosen up after a race night

After using these cranks for 2 months i can say i'm impressed at the quality of them. The cranks have a great finish to them and there quite light for 3 piece cranks, my only problem with them is that the drive side crank bolt loosens every couple of rides. But but being second hand probably doesn't help.

Overall a great crank which would suit a cheaper build up or less hardcore race bike.

Similar Products Used: GT 3 - Piece
Camel   Racer [Nov 10, 2006]
Strength:

Very stiff, light, and NO hassles! (Sprocket always straight, no spacer/alignment issues, no creeping play between arm and spindle, no special tools required for removal.)

Not as stiff as Saints. Forthcoming DXR cranks should resolve spider and alignment issues, but will be expensive.

At half the price of Saints (look around), they are very close in performance. They look pretty slick, too.

Similar Products Used: Profile (Hassles! See above), Saint (Expensive, weak spider, hard to align with BMX BB), Redline (a little heavy).