Truvativ Isoflow 3.1 Crankset

• AL-7075 outer ring / Steel inner rings
  • Square Taper / Power Spline interface
  • Lengths: 160 mm, 165 mm, 170 mm, 175 mm

bob   Cross Country Rider [Nov 01, 2012]
Strength:

cost and last long long time

great value

Vuco   Weekend Warrior [Dec 11, 2011]
Strength:

cheap, durable, trouble free, had it 3 years on 2 different bikes without any problems

nothing really

Got this crankset and BB with my first HT bike almost 4 years ago.

Since then I rode it 6000km of hard ascents and descents. I've jumped on it, ridden it hard. Hadn't made a creak. Changed pedals, never cleaned the BB (except one time when I moved it from my HT to my FS bike). BB still rotates like new.

If I was picky, I'd say that after 6000km of off road trips, the middle ring was a little warped (is it a good word ?) since I've hit it several times onto rocks and tree logs. But the biggest ring is in perfect condition :D (don't know how I did it).

It's the cheapest Truvativ crankset. Never really hoped it would last that long after such an abuse.

Similar Products Used: Deore M590 crankset replaced it
Drew69   Weekend Warrior [Apr 01, 2011]
Strength:

None that I can think of, I suppose its inexpensive, it came stock on my $350 bike.

Chain ring mounting points are susceptible to bending.

I would not recommend this crank. I swapped my bent one out for middleburn rs-7s.

Similar Products Used: shimano 105 5600 double, if you want to call that similar.
suganumayuuji   Weekend Warrior [Aug 16, 2010]
Strength:

Strong strong strong....

NONEE!!!!!

I've used it for dirt jumps, 6 feet to flat drops, rocks, bashing and it just doesn't seem to give up.

DHmonkey123   Cross Country Rider [Jul 03, 2010]
Strength:

Light, Durable, don't bend

Very strong, light XC crankset. definitely worth paying money for. very smooth shifting.

Similar Products Used: none
csmac2004   Cross Country Rider [May 19, 2010]
Strength:

Strong, good size

Tapered walls flared after two re-installs

Good crank for the money. Quick shifts, and easy to set up. After installing this, however, on my 2nd bike, the tapered walls have begun to flare out already. I have to use loc-tite on the bolts, or the crank works it's way off! However, for durability, these cranks are well worth the money.

Similar Products Used: Shimano cheapo cranks up to XT
GiantClyde01   Weekend Warrior [Apr 19, 2010]
Strength:

Solid, No issues to report.

Replaceable chainrings would be nice, but at this pricepoint it will never happen.

I am a clydesdale at 280 lbs. The only reason I had to replace them is because I bent the chainrings in a pretty bad crash. (7 months later and I still don't have a toe-nail on my left big toe!!). If they stood up to me, they will stand up to you.

Similar Products Used: sr suntour and Low end shimano stuff
TxHoss   Weekend Warrior [Apr 19, 2010]
Strength:

Held up to my 280lb Butt. No Issues have surfaced So Far.

It would be nice if the chainrings were replaceable, but at this price point, who cares.

This crank has held up to 2 years of trail and street riding with my big butt mashing on them. Finally bent them in a crash. If the middle chainring was replaceable I wouldn't even have had to replace them. I call that $40 worth!!

Similar Products Used: Lots of shimano's low end stuff, Sr suntour.
Jack   Cross Country Rider [Apr 16, 2010]
Strength:

Quiet, smooth shifting low-budget triple-ring crankset.

None so far

Does what it's supposed to do with no perceptible weaknesses. Nothing to look at but its a low-budget crankset. Good for entry-level set-ups or as an inexpensive replacement for a damaged crankset.