Truvativ Hussefelt 1.1 DH Crankset

Hussefelt 1.1 DH

Truvativ Hussefelt 1.1 Cranks Howitzer-38Tx170mm: 1.1 (DH): includes 38t, 4mm thick 7075 alloy DH chainring and M12 crank/BB bolts. 1-piece forged AL-66 aluminum arms with CrMo pedal inserts and Howitzer-specific bottom bracket interface.

mydog333   Weekend Warrior [Mar 15, 2011]
Strength:

cheap

BB interface and trying to make the crankarms stay on

I like most of truvativ's products, but i must say, these cranks suck. I had them installed with the ISIS gigapipe BB and no matter what i do they won't stay on. the left crank arm fell off 4 times in the first 3 weeks i had it. I had the crank bolt to the recommend torque, and even tried over tightening it. the bike made it maybe 3 miles at a time. these cranks have prevented me from really using my bike. after falling off so many times my left crank arm is now stripped and worthless (event though the spindle shows no sign on wear) If that's not bad enough, the drive side had it's problems too. The arm did not fit snugly onto the spindle and every time i peddled, if i put enough weight on the cranks, i could feel it move. Bugged the hell out of me. Most of what truvativ makes are pretty solid products. This crank however is not even worth the little money you pay for it. I will be switching to a shimano SLX M665 (which is a 2x9 i'm planning on converting to a 1x9). my friend has the SLX on his yeti DJ and says it's well worth the extra money.

slabhb   Downhiller [Jan 19, 2009]
Strength:

none, total junk...lasted less than two hours of riding. They look kinda cool I guess

Either they steel sleeve rips out of the crank arm, or the crank arm snaps

These where the worst cranks i have ever owned. After riding for the first time on them the pedal ripped the sleeve right out of the crank. After researching I found that this was a very common problem with these older 05 version. This sleeve would rip out or the cranks snap. Mine were ISIS style. They look burly but thats about it. I have heard the newer ones that fit with the external BB are much better. I just wish I could get this stupid sleeve off my nice pedal

iridewhatever   Weekend Warrior [Aug 11, 2008]
Strength:

strong kinda light these people on here that complain about the arm coming loose dont tighten the bold enough you pretty much have to stand on the tool to tighten it enough but once you do that it has no issues, i put a good 10k on the bike a day easily and abuse them a couple times a week and theyve held up fine

creak every once in a while but after a good hard ride and taking a break for a day or two their fine again, at first the crank arms came loose all the time but after the mechanic put them as tight as he could only came loose 1 other time

great OEM product just make sure to tighten the bolt as much as you can without stripping the threads so pretty much stand on the tool and your crank arm will almost never fall off again

Similar Products Used: truvativ blaze
James   Racer [May 05, 2008]
Strength:

Good strong crank. Do not bend easily.

None so far

Good strong cranks that are well worth the money

Similar Products Used: Truvativ Holzfeller
Dropman   Downhiller [Jul 05, 2002]
Strength:

Look good, Very strong

haven't found one yet.

very competitive price, solid crank have had 0 problems with this crank, it has been a couple months or so now of pure DH, drops/jumps and the crank has so far been great, i would recommend this crank to any Freerider/DH'er.

Similar Products Used: Raceface
Nick   [Sep 17, 2003]
Strength:

Very strong, good looking, reasonably priced for a crank of this quality

Pedal threads stripped on a smallish drop

I weigh just over 200 pounds and I ride a lot of urban trials, with occasional 6+ foot drops, and a lot of scraping my crank arms on the landscaping. I owned a pair of these for 6 months with no problems, then my bike got stolen, so when I rebuilt my bike I picked up another pair. These went for a year without issues, but recently the pedal threads stripped out on a 2 foot drop. I called Truvativ, and they obviously weren't very surprised- which explains the cromo inserts for '03. They're upgrading me to the Holzfellers now for an incredible price. Dave in the warranty department even tried 3 times to return my call before he got ahold of me- very impressed.
5 chilis, because Truvativ's customer service makes up for any flaws in the product.

Similar Products Used: Tons
bob   Weekend Warrior [Dec 09, 2001]
Strength:

i like my cranks like i like my women: big back and beautiful. isis drive hold everything together tighter than a clam shell.

too strong, my pedals bent

these cransk rock. i'm a hack. i hit everything on and off the trail wether i mean to or not. casing doubles, landing on boulders, careening through bushes, these cranks hold up tighter than my yakima rack. hussefelts with isis are stiffer than anything i've ever used before. they da bomb.

Similar Products Used: r.f., sheeemanoo
Craig   Weekend Warrior [Feb 20, 2006]
Strength:

Look the part, extremely strong, no problems with the cranks themselves so far, fairly lightweight

The splines on the RH arm completely stripped after about 4 months

The crank seems good until the splines wore out. If you're riding trials and want a new crankset, get holzfellas. dont bother with these as you'll spend more money in the long run. Holzfellas are one hell of alot stronger.