SRAM X5 Crankset

The SRAM X5 GXP 9-speed triple crankset offers plenty of high-end performance with excellent value; plus, it comes with a GXP bottom bracket for smooth spinning on the trails. Features light and stiff 7075 chainrings utilize SRAM X-Glide technology to optimize shifting performance, giving you quick and precise shifts.

MTBeing   [Mar 29, 2013]
Strength:

Strong, well-built and very smooth with it's GXP BB. This crankset came oem on my Giant Trance X 29er and I'm quickly running out of reasons to depart with this crankset. When it's paired with a Sram drivetrain it functions really well and picks up shifts lickety split. If it holds up AND I can replace the chain rings when necessary, I really don't see a reason to part with it. GXP BB is smoooooth!

It's probably a bit heavy as Sram does not post the weight for it on their website, but would I scrap it and up-pay for an X9? Probably not. Would I pay MSRP for this crankset? No.

See above.

OVERALL
tzvia   Weekend Warrior [Nov 01, 2012]
Strength:

Not pricy. Not too heavy for the price spent, decent construction. I'm using it on a commuter, setup 2x9, and it just plain works week after week. It may not be flashy but it gets the job done. Been durable so far.

Works as advertized, I can't think of any issues.

I bought this to dump the cheap Shimano triple that came on my commuter and save some weight. I can't stand triple cranksets but did not want to spend a lot of dough on my beater commuter. Well, it saved some weight, the shifting is just fine, and it's been holding up to day in and day out commuting duty and looks good doing it. Bought it online and everything arrived in good order and it was a snap to install.

Similar Products Used: XT, XTR, Race Face.
OVERALL