SRAM X.0 GXP 3X10 Crankset

X.0 GXP 3X10

Sram's first carbon DH crank is the perfect balance between weight and strength. Crank arms are carbon molded while the chain ring is CNC machined from 7075 aluminum for durability. The SRAM X.0 DH GXP 10 speed crankset is the lightest-in-class composite construction with forged aluminum spider and high strength 7075 T6 alloy pedal lug.

championp   All Mountain Rider [Dec 08, 2012]
Strength:

Stiff, responsive, improved acceleration. Light, easy maintenance, smooth shifting

vulnerable to rock strikes, price

I removed the outer ring and used the gamut guide and ring that were stock on my Enduro comp. This gave me 33t-22t 2X setup which I prefer over the more common 36-24t. On my local trails there are lots of ups and downs so I do more shifting in the front rings. This crankset shifts smooth and predictable so I keep my momentum without spinning out or bogging down. On climbs it feels like more energy is making it to the ground because these cranks are so stiff, I really feel the bike being propelled forward with each pedalstroke. Carbon is weird stuff, even though these cranks pedal stiffly, they have a compliant feel to them as well so it is not a harsh ride. Best of both worlds, stiff and compliant, I've been really happy with these cranks, even though they were super expensive. Plus they look like a work of art.

OVERALL