SR Suntour XCM Crankset

• Compatible speed: 24 S
  • Material: AC4C Accurad forging

Russ Hughes   Cross Country Rider [Jul 12, 2017]

feeble quality

Bought my son a Voodoo Bantu for his 13th birthday last week with a suntour xcm crankset on it. left hand peddle with steel thread has completely stripped the aluminium thread from the crank arm leaving me with an expensive part to replace and a really sad kid. This is not a quality product.

chunky1x   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2012]
Strength:

Cheap, ok initial performance.

42 bends under heavy load until it became bent permanently. Keeps loosing the crank bolt until the entire crank assembly was damage to the point that I was force to buy a new bike frame because of this. And wreck my good Shimano Tourney front derailluer.

I can't believe in my 2 and half decade of riding MTB a single crappy product can destroy my mountain bike. Even my old Chinese Knock of crank sets last 4 years of brutal abuse than this piece of crap. It starts to bend after two months and deformed permanently in 6 months. Final months it keeps coming off and drove me nuts. The final week, it just loosen and come off taking the front derailluer with it and destroyed the threads of my sealed in bearing forcing me to buy a new frame(whats more shocking is that I found out that many of my old parts wont fit to 2010 frame so I bought new ones for it). Bottom line is stay away from it. Shimano Tourney or any entry level SRAM are the best alternative to this.

ksensenig   Downhiller [Jun 17, 2011]

After riding for less than a year, the left crank arm kept coming loose and falling off, making me ride home with one foot (thank God for clipless pedals). None of my local bike shops can find a replacement, even though it's a 2010, and only one year old. This crankset is crap.

Brockstar1979   Cross Country Rider [Apr 07, 2010]
Strength:

Light weight

Came on the bike when I bought it. I ride every night for about 1 - 2 hours on a local single track....within a week the crank arm stripped out and peddle fell off....i was about 4 miles from my house and had to ride back on one peddle. Needless to say, I was pissed! These cranks are junk!

TrailX316   Weekend Warrior [Feb 01, 2009]
Strength:

Looks
Strength
Durability

This crankset is just like the Shimano Acera crankset. Really great for the money. I've been riding hard on this crankset for almost 2 years. It never came loose. One thing that I don't like is how people dislike Sr Suntour just because some of their products aren't that well made. (Lower models) Their top lines can compete with the other more prefered brands.

I've hoping to upgrade to the duro soon.