Shimano XTR RaceFC-M980 2X10 Crankset

XTR RaceFC-M980 2X10

Shimano XTR M980 2X10 38-26t Crankset

The XTR Race M980 double-ring crank complements race-day performance with a narrow Q-factor, unparalleled power transfer and CloseStep chainring options to suit racers' speed and style.

• Gearing: 38-26T
  • Dual Spike chainring technology
  • 10-speed specific
  • Dyna-Sys
  • Race inspired 2x10
  • Hollowtech II design for optimum balance of lightweight and rigidity
  • Specific designed tooth for HG-X Chain and Dual Spike Technology provides light action and reliable shifting
  • Weight: 664g without bottom bracket

kflehr   Cross Country Rider [Nov 23, 2015]
Strength:

These cranks perform great and I love the way these cranks look. They definitely have a bling factor and you know it is XTR when you see it. The new M9020 stuff looks good, but from a distance it is difficult to distinguish it from other dark colored cranks. I also like that it is aluminum, while carbon may be able to take impacts from rocks just as well, I kind of like aluminum here.

Not much to complain about here, even the rings seem reasonably price for XTR and there are lots of chain ring options.

I have used this 2x10 for about three years and about 1,000 miles. No issues with it, but I did let my chain stretch a little too much with ruined the cassette and rings. I am now trying it with a 32T Wolf Tooth ring to see if I like the 1x10 system better. If I switch to a 1x11, I may keep running this crank as I am not overly excited with the appearance of the new crank, even though it likely performs as well or better. Again, this is a great crank and I have never really had any issues with any of the cranks I have owned, including the Race Face. However, in my opinion, these are the best looking cranks I have ever owned and best looking aluminum cranks on the market.

Similar Products Used: XTR M960, Various XT cranks going back to square taper cranks, Race Face Cranks square taper.
OVERALL