Shimano FC M530 Crankset

• HOLLOWTECH crank arm construction
  • OCTALINK BB mount
  • Hyperdrive compatible : Integrated design of the SG-X chainrings, SG-X front derailleur and HG chain provides a precise shifting action.
  • DUAL SIS compatible
  • FC-M530 : 44-32-22T, 48T-36T-26T
  • FC-M531 : 44T-32T-22T, 48T-36T-26T use with chaincase.
  • Color options : Black, silver

• User Reviews (1)

Techride   Weekend Warrior [Jan 13, 2010]
    Strength:

The bottom bracket played a huge part in the functionality of the crankset. It's a tight fit on the spindle, but the bearings were smooth and never once whined at me. And trust me, they had reason to whine. The arms themselves are surprisingly stiff as well. The chainrings never left me with foul shifts and the overall quality is fantastic. I actually had fun installing these.

The pedal threads stripped out on my drive-side crank on my 8th ride. They're definately the crankset's weak point.

For the money this is a fantastic crank. I definately made a poor decision mounting it on my hardtail with my riding style though. An 8 foot drop under my 190 pound frame killed them. Shimano's quality control is top notch, and for a lighter rider looking to do moderate trail riding I'd recommend these in a heartbeat. I'll be going to another set of Saints or Hones next. Hope this helps!