Rotor RS4x Ti Crankset

RS4x Ti

The only Crankset that truly eliminates the dead spot, (the top crank is 15 degree past upper dead spot when lower crank is at dead spot) Rotor Cranks are the best solution available on the market to prevent and alleviate knee injuries.

• Available in MTB, Road 2 and Road 3 versions
  • Results in 10% more power in climbing and acceleration, and a reduction in lactates.
  • Weight: 1190g (cranks + chainrings + bb assembly)
  • Anodized black aluminum chainrings
  • Titanium spindle - aluminum crankarms
  • Available chainrings: 24/34/44, 46
  • Crank lengths: 165, 170, 172.5, 175 & 180

• User Reviews (3)

i1dry?   Weekend Warrior [Jul 17, 2007]
    Strength:

Pedelling efficency!

A bit heavier than tradional cranksets.

I had reconstructive knee surgery some 20 years ago and about 5 years ago I found that I could barely walk after a weekend of riding. I heard that the Rotor cranks were easier on the knees so I picked up a set and my knee pain disappeared. It took me about 5 yards to get used to the different pedelling cycle and after that it was un-noticeable.

The added bonus is that this crank-set actually delivers greater pedelling efficiency and power to the rear wheels! While it's a bit heavier than a XT crank-set, the added weight is more than offset by the power gain. This is most evident on steep technical climbs.

One of the guys who I ride with on a regular basis (without knee problems) got a set of Rotors simply for the power gain. Neither of us would go back to regular cranks.

The bottom line is, I simply would not be able to ride without them. I highly recommend them to anyone who has knee problems and to those who want to do more with less energy expenditure.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT, XTR and others
    Victor Cabezas   Downhiller [Jun 07, 2006]
    Strength:

Tey can handle downhill abuse fine, you accelerate much better (great after corners), smooth pedalling at high cadences.

One possible 'weakness' is that they are only compatible with non roller chain guides. (I use an e-13, no problems)

I can actually go uphill on my DH bike now! These things are great for getting back up to speed after corners, and give me a big edge on other racers in 4 cross as well.

Similar Products Used: FSA cranks, XT cranks.
    Phill Lucas   Cross Country Rider [May 09, 2006]
    Strength:

Extra Tourque, Less fatigue, More endurance, Looks High Tech, alloows me to kick peoples butts who used to kick mine.

The only weakness I can see, is that a normal crank requires 0 maintenance and this will need to be maintained, but I dont mind maintaining my gears or shocks, so maintaing the crank will be fine.

I was amazed when I bought this crank. It shaved 6 minutes off a 45 minute climb!!! It gives advantages in a higher aerobic limit(3kph more in evil steep climbs), more torque(technical climbs are much easier, and when I am exhausted and make a shifting mistake, I dont stall like i used to), less fatigue (after 8 hours in the saddle I can now still stand up and sprint).

Bottom line: this is the best performance upgrade I have ever bought. It is heavier than a normal crank, but my sus fork is heavier than a rigid one, and my derailleur kit is heavier than a singlespeed setup. I have them because they are a functional weight. So is the Rotor. I'd rather have a faster bike that i can ride more k's at a higher speed, than a weight weenies wet dream that is useless in climbs and hammers me.