Rotor RS4 St Crankset

RS4 St

Rafa   Cross Country Rider [May 02, 2006]
Strength:

It excels in all conditions. It works as advertised and you feel much powerfull specially in steep and technical sections. You have the feeling of "always on" power.

Weight. But performance improvement exceeds with no doubt weight penalty.

I bought one rotor for my Giant NRS a couple of months ago and now I´m getting another one for my Ventana X-5 to replace my XTR-cranks. That says it all. Once you get used to them you cannot live without them. The overall improvement in your performance and easy of pedalling is amazing.

Similar Products Used: Does exist any similar product?? If it does let me know.
OVERALL
Rob Drew   Cross Country Rider [Jul 16, 2006]
Strength:

Cranks are at their best on steep loose climbs, as you are constantly pushing. This smoothness results in virtually no wheelspin, and you are always over the top of the gear.

Price & weight. This is a high quality item, which is well constucted & engineered, but there is still scope for further & significant weight reduction. At a price higher than XTR, the new rotor rings may well be a better option.

Limited performance gains if any on the flats. It is the hills where these cranks shine & try to justify their hefty price tag. One other benefit of these cranks is that they have virtually eliminated my knee pain. So if knee pain is an issue for you I would strongly recommend this cranks. Not sure of the physics behind it, but hey, I am faster on the climbs & my knees are better. Happy to give these 5 hot ones when both the weight & price comes down.

Similar Products Used: 3rd set of rotor cranks & although each has been an updated model, I can't see/feel any major improvement in the latter sets.
OVERALL